Post Title: Accountability Assistant (Full Time)
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: A’zaz, Syria
Duration: 3 Months
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 26.03.2021
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Welthungerhilfe operates inside Idleb, Syria since 2017 remotely from regional office in Gaziantep/Turkey through implementing partners. WHH implements projects directly inside Syria since 2018, as well.
Welthungerhilfe set up an office in A’zaz, Syria in 2018 in order to start direct implementation of projects in the fields of emergency response humanitarian and relief aid. Ever since, Welthungerhilfe has distributed food baskets, food & hygiene and agricultural vouchers in the IDP camps in A’zaz. Welthungerhilfe aims to sustain the humanitarian aid projects and increase the resilience of IDPs in the region.
The Accountability Assistant will be the central focal person to oversee and handle WHH’s Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) across all projects in Syria, which allows communities to voice their opinions and feedback in order for programs to be appropriate, well-targeted, and meeting the needs and satisfaction of beneficiaries. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all calls are recorded and logged in a systematic way, and that appropriate follow up is provided in a timely manner.
· Answer/Listen, process and respond to complaints and guide beneficiaries that seek help through Welthungerhilfe’s hotlines and other feedback channels.
· Enter all complaints and feedback in the database
· Support beneficiaries through information sharing and relating to services provided by Welthungerhilfe’s and partner organizations, upon request and refer beneficiaries per subject needs.
· Conduct field visits to project sites on a regular basis, to keep up to date with implementation and to ensure an additional layer of accountability spot checks.
· Respect data confidentiality of beneficiary data at all times
· Maintain professional boundaries at all times.
· Handle calls in a friendly, professional manner, even when under stress
· Carry out additional responsibilities and project’s tasks as assigned.
· Position is open to Syrian nationals only
· Education: A Diploma/bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university is preferred.
· Work Experience: Minimum two years or more of professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Understands and able to apply international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, etc)
- An understanding of the humanitarian context in Syria
- Stress resistance, to stay calm and polite even in high workload situations
- Ability to handle all types of calls/problems in a non-judgmental and friendly manner
- Good communication skills to clearly communicate on the phone and ability to build positive relationships in a cross cultural environment.
- Pro-active mindset to contribute to problem solving and improving systems and workflows
- An excellent command of Arabic, and ability to communicate in English in writing and speaking
- Ability to travel within Syria to project areas.
· Social Skills: Ability to network and work in a team.
· Language Skills: Arabic required; English is an asset.
The Accountability assistant will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained during his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
How to apply
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of duties no later than on CoB 26/03/2021 by sending the application to our online recruiting system through the below link:
ONLY APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualifications women will be given preference.