Position Start Date: 15 June 2021
Duration: 12 months
Location: Erbil – Iraq (none family posting)
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
The main purpose of the position is to carry out efficient HR, administrative and finance management of projects and Tdh structure in Iraq, minimizing financial, HR and operational risks and ensuring compliance in terms of Tdh procedures and donors’ guidelines.
S/he directs and organises the administrative, HR and financial services of the operations of Iraq delegation (general accounting, administrative and budget management, HR management) in close collaboration with the other Coordinators and the Country Representative. S/he is the direct interface between Iraq delegation and the headquarters and/or field financial partners with regards to financial reporting and audit compliance to donors and local authorities.
S/he supports and validates the quality of the work done by the teams with regards to Tdh mandate, commitments, and international standards.
- Is in charge of Tdh monthly accountancy closing (via the accounting software SAGA) including transmission to the HQ;
- Manage and facilitate external audits, internal control and fraud prevention
- Produce correct and timely financial information to complete proposals and financial reports
- Lead the production of budget forecasts, the implementation and monitoring of the programme’s budget and reporting
- Ensure the spread, adherence, and monitoring of Tdh’s and donor procedures
- Provide the programme’s global financial monitoring (by Finance Management Tool)
- Define the Human Resources’ Policy
- In charge of overseeing the life cycle of national employees in accordance with Tdh’s policies and procedures
- Ensure the HR Database and payroll processing is accurate
- Monitor adhesion to HR policies
- Assist the Country Representative in staff management (disciplinary measures, corrective actions, staff promotion, restructuring, change management)
- Participate in welcoming and administrative briefing of expatriate staff
- In charge of managing medical evacuations, accident, and serious incident for expatriate staff
- Supervise and lead the finance team, set objectives and carry out assessments
- Define the needs of administrative personnel, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Oversee the team’s career development: define training needs and provide guidance on professional development
- Offer the technical support to Base administrators, on day-to-day basis and through field visits
Administrative and legal management
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Terre des hommes on request
- Guarantee the correct archiving and security of the organisation’s documents (paper and digital)
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (administrative, financial, etc)
- Keep a watch on NGO groups, take part in the activity of networks on legal and financial aspects
- Follow up partnership contracts and ensure they comply with internal rules and donor obligations
- Education: Professional diploma or university degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Experiences and aptitudes: as least 3 years in a similar position with NGOs
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet);
- Knowledge of SAGA;
- Financial reporting and knowledge of donor guidelines;
- Organized, proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context;
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 3 400 CHF (~2 950 €) < > 4 750 CHF (~4 100 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
· Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
· Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
· Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JSHGfwsu?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418