Desired start date: 27/05/2021**
Duration of the mission:** 9 months (according to funding – with possible extension)
Location: Raqqa – North Est Syria
ABOUT THE MISSION
Solidarites International (SI) has been working in Syria since 2012. The mission counts about 230 national staff, more than 40 expatriates, and has a 25 million USD budget forecasted for 2021. There are 3 implementing offices in Syria (2 in North East Syria/NES, 1 in North West Syria/NWS) with the coordination based in Amman – Jordan.
The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations.
Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
Syria mission is dedicated to work in areas recently opened (in 2017 in Raqqa) and in challenging contexts. A turn from lifesaving activities to more post-emergency/development has also been undertaken. There are 7 expatriates and 90 national employees in Ar-Raqqa base.
In Ar-Raqqa Governorate, main current activities are related to:
- Lifesaving: Wash – emergency package in IDPs settlements, distribution of NFIs and cash for vulnerable populations, COVID Response (WASH in Health, distributions).
- More sustainable activities: individuals’ houses rehabilitations, institutional rehabilitations and support: Water stations rehabilitations, capacity building of the Water Department, rehabilitation of schools.
- Additionally, SI has a contingency and capacity to respond to emergencies in all NES.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Supervise all administration activities and responsibilities of the Raqqa operations in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures:
- Conduct the HR related follow-up, recruitments support, HR strategy
- Support the Budget follow up, design of new budgets, accounting operations and cash management
- Manage, monitor and train the members of the administration team;
The main challenges:
- Important volume of work, significant HR caseload, dealing with high financial volume and multiple grants.
- Challenging environment of intervention with high security constraints
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Ensure the continuity of the support to the program delivery in a very dynamic context;
- Identify needs of improvement and capacity building needs of admin team;
- Organize and schedule internal/external trainings according to the identified priorities and new needs (Pack Office, Communication skills, Management skills…);
The Administrative manager is under the direct management of the Field Coordinator.
S/he manages line 1 Finance Deputy and 1 HR Deputy and has the responsibility over a team of 8 persons.
Current approximate budget of the Raqqa Base: 8,322,824 EUR/ 10,174,653 USD with ECHO, CDCS, BHA, ICSP grants.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and HR (experience of Administration management in humanitarian contexts can compensate)
- Minimum 3 years with INGO;
- Experience with multi-donors’ management
- Previous experience with SI being a plus.
- Very comfortable with standard MS Office software (full excel proficiency necessary)
- Knowledge of Solidarités’ rules, tools and procedures is a plus
- Strong management skills and training/capacity-building skills
Soft skills and spirit:
- Respect/compliance of security rules
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to cultural habits and towards changing work environment and possible volatile security situation
- Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Team player, capacity to give a positive dynamic
- Acceptance towards being challenged by skilled national staff
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Fluency in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing) mandatory
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 1980 euros gross per month) and valorization according to experience (+100€/year of humanitarian experience on an equivalent position and +50€/year of humanitarian experience on a non-equivalent position)
and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of one additional rest day per month worked, i.e. 12 days in addition for a one-year contract.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Accommodation will be in SI Guesthouse in Raqqa. Living conditions are simple but highly improved with few opportunities and places to socialize.
Security inside NES is overall volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Over the last period due to covid restrictions and challenges (some quarantine in particular), expats have been spending some time in Erbil (Iraq).
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?i…. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/