The program at GIZ AU office would like to contract Amharic Language Instructor for 4 of its staff members from May 3, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- Purpose and Objectives
The overall objective of the teacher to give lessons from basic to fluency in Amharic language. It is expected that the teaching will produce the desired transformational change in the teaching of Amharic langue in both basics, primary and secondary levels.
Scope of Work
The Teacher is expected to undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Teach Amharic spoken and written language skills.
- Provide a diversity mode of learning such as use of speaking, writing, reading and listening.
- Introduction to Amharic Syllabary- Fidel, Phonology and basic grammar, Amharic Reader
- Extra worksheets and exercises.
- Flash Cards A set of flash cards for the 800 most high frequency Amharic words which we will be working with during the course.
- A mobile application for practicing pronunciation, the Amharic Alphabet and learning the most common Amharic words and phrases.
- Obligations of the instructor
- The instructor shall deliver the service diligently and with all professional code of conduct.
- The instructor shall be punctual on all the classes and shall not also miss any scheduled class without a reasonable prior advice to the client and permission there from.
- The instructor shall fill and sign an attendance record form to be prepared by the Client for every class conducted by the Instructor, and this attendance should contain the total time spent by the Instructor.
- If at any time the Instructor is not able to conduct a class as scheduled, then has to compensate same by arranging another schedule convenient to the Client’s.
- The Instructor shall supply all the necessary training materials to the Client’s at own cost and expenses.
Time frame and place
The Teaching duration will be for a maximum 40 hours in the premises of the client or online if agreed by the client.. The schedule for the trainings will be as follows:
· Once a week on every Monday Total credit hours to be given shall be 2 hours/week i.e 8 hours /month hours effective from May 3, 2021 to 31.12.2021. This schedule may be changed as per the decision of the client or the instructor based on prior consent.
· The time of training will be from 06:00 pm to 08:00 pm
Profile of the Instructor
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree or above from a recognized University or Institution in Language Studies and Teaching Practice.
- 7 years of teaching experience with an extensive experience in teaching Amharic language and have teaching experience with practical lessons in language schools or university.
- Language Skills: Fluent in Amharic language and other international language such as (English, French or German)
How to apply
Should you be interested in implementing the tasks according to the Terms of Reference (see attachment), a bid electronically to [email protected] by April 14, 2021 (date of receipt at GIZ) in English language.
You can send a request to [email protected] by indicating on the subject line 83377265 to get the tender documents.
For further quires please send an email to [email protected]