The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Fort Dauphin, Madagascar.
As Area Manager you will ensure that the BMZ, EU, L’Agence française de développement (AFD) and GIZ funded programmes and projects in the project area covered by the field offices in Fort Dauphin and Farafangana are implemented on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The projects are to be carried out in accordance with the general Welthungerhilfe standards, the strategy of the country programme and the regulations of the donors. You will ensure a sound financial management of the allocated funds for the programme in your area and carry the overall responsibility for the Welthungerhilfe staff working on site.
- Ensure that all projects in the area are implemented according to the country programme and the rules and standards of donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Identify co-financing opportunities and develop successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies (in collaboration with Head of Programmes and Head of Finance in Country Office)
- Report to the Country Director on the progress of the programme and all risks associated with the project work in the area
- Elaborate and ensure a preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises on the basis of area specific situation
- Manage staff according to Welthungerhilfe leadership principles, staff policies and strategy
- Responsibility for the establishment and adherence to the country wide security management system (establishment of functioning security plans etc.) in accordance to the global security policy / guidelines of Welthungerhilfe
- Establish good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in-country /regionally for emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in coordination with the Country Office
- Represent WHH vis-à-vis all relevant national and international stakeholders and partners in the area
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience working in the global South
- Experience in working in cooperation with national partner organizations
- Experience with institutional donor funded programmes, ideally with BMZ and EU
- Broad intercultural competence
- Ability to cope with the psychological and health challenges of working/living in a rural setting in South Eastern Madagascar
- Ability to cooperate and work in a team
- Good command of spoken and written English and French, ability to communicate in German would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 18, 2021 by following this link. https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=6266&company=WelthungerP Your contact person is Barbara Kürsten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.