Area Operations Assistant
S/he will provide assistance in general services to include canvassing, purchasing, transportation, messengerial and logistic support services for Educo’s area office in Northern Samar. S/he ensures adherence to standard procurement and general services policies, processes and procedures of the Country Office. This is a fixed term position for the period of 9 months and will be based in Catarman, Northern Samar.
A. Procurement and General Services Management
• Assist in identifying the procurement needs of the project and develop procurement plans derived from Detailed Implementation Plan.
• Support the Project Coordinator in the prepatation, review, facilitation and monitoring of purchase requests and purchase orders, and make timely follow-up for invoices and processing of payment requests;
• Closely coordinate with Operations Unit at head office for the relevant to the support services needed by the project.
• Ensure that the quality/quantity of goods/services rendered by vendors and ensure consistency with established Purchase Order, agreements/contracts;
• Maintain complete documentation of purchases done in the program area
• Process application of permits and registration documents for the temporary office.
• Monitor office Lease and Office Utility contracts and process payment for rent and utility bills.
• Conduct proper and efficient filing system of all administrative related transaction documents and Office Lease Contracts
• Sort, forward correspondence to its recipient and keep a logbook of all letters received by the program area
C. Fleet and Office Management and Maintenance
• Receive transportation request from project staff and organize transportation through local service provide for the field activities of the project staff. • Oversee the regular inspection of all office facilities to ensure that these all are in good condition
• Implement security measure to secure staff and assets in program area
D. Compliance to Corporate Mandates
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards such as but not limited to Child Safeguarding
Policy, Anti-Fraud, Whistle Blower Policy, and P&C Policies and Procedures
• Participation in any Country office committee as requested
E. Personal Development
• Attends internally and externally facilitated training events, workshops, symposiums, studies,
conferences to enhance level of performance. Maximize the use of ICT for greater awareness of local
and global trends affecting development work. Accepts special objective assignments for skills
enhancement and expansion. Shares learning to benefit others.
• Performs other tasks that are needed to ensure deliverables of project/program implementation will be met
- Bachelors’ Degree in Management/ Accounting. Graduates of other course may be considered if s/he has the
experience and competency requirements of the role.
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience in procurement and general services support
- Familiarity with standard procurement policies and processes
- Solid experience in asset management, inventory control, fleet management and facility maintenance
- Experience supporting the main and sub-offices, with frequent travels and monitoring in the field
- Willing to be based in Catarman, Northern Samar
- Ability to write reports, support implementation of policies
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills
- Good research skills and high attention to detail
*We are offering:**
- A fixed-term position, subject for evaluation after six (6) months,. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to [email protected], subject line written as Application for Area Operations Assistant. Last Name. First Name. Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The vacancy on will remain open until a qualified application is received and a candidate is available. We will respond to shortlisted applicants within two (2) weeks after closing date of applications. Due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.
DOWNLOAD: Child Safeguarding Policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status to apply for the post.