- Two years, full-time, with possibility of extension
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, with travel to provinces and Australia as required
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards – for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has six stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; Secondary Schools; and Higher Education. AAPNG is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.**
Reporting to the Facility Director, the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant (MEL) Manager is responsible for leading and managing the implementation of the MEL framework and plans, including case-studies and other research for Australia Awards PNG and the PNG-Australia Partnerships Secondary School Partnerships Initiative and PNG-Aus Partnerships for Higher Education. The role manages a team to undertake activities to identify program impact – including alumni development contributions to PNG, capacity development of partner institutions, links between Australia and PNG, and public diplomacy (soft power) – and introduce program innovation.
- Undergraduate degree(s) in monitoring and evaluation, international development, education or related field or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of the implementation of MEL frameworks and plans on donor assisted programs and projects.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of various methodologies in monitoring and evaluation, both qualitative and quantitative, such as surveys, record reviews, focus groups and case studies.
- Experience with leading and managing a high-performance small team with diverse skills.
- Evidence of excellent analytical, research, writing and communication skills in English language, including communication of results and report writing for a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with colleagues, government agencies (including the Australian Government), service providers and multiple stakeholders in a cross-cultural environment.
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Papua New Guinea.
How to apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit https://intdev.tetratechasiapacific.com/careers and search for job number 498864. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 498864
Applications close: 5pm (PNG time) Wednesday 07 April 2021
This program is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.