Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy
Purpose of the Position:
ICC requires an experimented Associate Data & Analytics Engineer to help designing and delivering state of the art data solutions to our UN Partners.
Objectives of the Programme:
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The postholder will work with the team managers, team leads and customer focal points to collect and understand the business needs, and support the design/implementation of data management solutions and related processes, such as:
- Data and analytics solutions (data lake, data warehouses data marts, data portal…), mainly using Microsoft and AWS data services
- Data-as-a-Service solution, on-premises and Cloud based, based on Data API Gateway and other Cloud services
- Complex ELT/ETL processes using AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Integration Services (SSIS), Python or R code or other
More specifically the postholder will:
- Support the architecture and design of Cloud data solutions
- Help writing business proposals and design architecture documents
- Develop scripts accordingly to the data need (Stored Procedures with T-SQL, Python or R, eventually PowerShell or .NET)
- Support the implementation of Data Catalog solutions
- Conduct tests, perform troubleshooting, and integrate new elements, in order to support system performance improvements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Perform other duties as required
- Provide other ad hoc support either within your team or in other teams as required – this includes the participation in special projects or support to service delivery for short period of time on a part-time or full time basis upon request from the senior management
Experience and Skills required:
- At least two years experience working on Data and Analytics solutions covering the following area:
- Data analysis and modelling
- Designing and develop Analysis Services OLAP Cubes and Tabular Views
- Migrating data solution from legacy systems to new data platform solutions
- Large scale Microsoft BI and Reporting Services environments
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into solution design and technical specifications
- Strong skills to design and conceptualize complex logical data models and data flowcharts
- Experience in using Azure and AWS Data & Analytics stacks and services
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle PeopleSoft ERP Business modules (functional and/or technical)
- Microsoft Business Intelligence modules covering legacy on-premises services such as Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Development skills on C#, ASP.Net, Databricks, Python or R, PowerShell, and any batch language
- Experience with Service Management methodologies (ITIL) and Change Management
- Experience with Project Management methodologies (PRINCE2/PMP, SCRUM, Agile methodology)
- Excellent technical documentation skills, and ability to deliver technical trainings
- Customer-centric approach to delivery and problem solving
- Experience working with virtual teams and environments
- AI/ML knowledge is a plus
- DevOps, JIRA and GitHub experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics or equivalent
- Master’s university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics or equivalent
- Any Microsoft or AWS certifications linked to Data Management is a plus
- English: Expert knowledge is required
- Spanish: Beginner knowledge is desirable
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate), including post adjustment (34,3% on March 2021): 64,323USD
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing dates for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 25 April 2021.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the ICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
How to apply
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3mbabS3