ABOUT THE MISSION
SI opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
Today, SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address the primary needs of crisis-affected people in terms of: food security, livelihood (FSL), disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, through an integrated disaster risk reduction approach; and by taking into account the effects of climate change; whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI operates through 3 core stages of intervention: rapid response mechanisms in the aftermath of a disaster or emergency // early recovery & transitional periods // development.
The mission’s 4 key strategic objectives:
- Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks;
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources;
- Reducing marginalization through inclusive programming and protection.
Today, the mission has 4 bases, and 1 coordination office in Cox’s Bazar.
To learn more about the Bangladesh mission, please click here.
ABOUT THE JOB
As the Logistics Coordinator, you are the Head of Logistics department for the Bangladesh mission. It means you are the focal point for all logistics-related activities on the mission. As such:
- You lead the mission’s logistical activities in order to ensure that the programs run smoothly. Includes, but not limited to the following: supply management; vehicle fleet management; equipment park / telecommunications management; computer equipment management and monitoring; stock management;
- You implement the mission’s procedures and logistical tools, and ensure that they are properly used and adhered to.
- You define the mission strategy for logistics, in partnership with HQ, and you proactively participate in drawing up projects and in assessing the resources needed for the mission.
- You are responsible for carrying reporting, and knowledge / experience sharing and capitalization activities. Includes, but not limited to the following : monthly logistics reports, proposals and donor financial reports, procurement files, Participate in coordination meetings relating
- You proactively support the Country Director in operational security management.
- You are the focal point for the mission and serves as the link between HQ and the mission for all matters relating to logistics.
- You lead your logistics team.
The Logistics Coordinator is managing a team of 7 people, and reports to the Country Director directly.
The forecast budget for 2021: EUR 4 million / year.
Main challenges for the position
- General review of the strategic positioning ongoing, ongoing downsizing of the mission.
- Strong capacity building required on SI logistics tools use, reporting, and communication.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- As all other support departments, the logistic coordinator will have to lead the restructuring and the logistic department design to answer the mission further development need (ongoing downsizing).
- Develop/maintain logistic processes within the mission (especially on the supply side). Ex: new procurement thresholds.
- Ensure the reporting to HQ is done on time with relevant data (monthly log packs, monthly KPIs).
- Ensure that the archiving process fulfill SI requirement (physical archiving (papers) and digital (nextcloud…).
- Increase the general quality and reactivity of the logistic department services and productions.
- Ensure that logistics team respects their new their JDs.
- Ensure that individuals from coordination supply team (supply assist + purchase officer + archivist) understand their responsibilities and that the team produce work which match Si requirements.
- Ensuring the full installment of GHs and Office + ensure proper termination of office and GH contracts, and potential moves of offices
- Launch call for interest and develop and follow mission framework agreement for identified markets in Cox
- Ensure that follow-up tolls updating process are documented and accurate for the whole mission (contract FU/IOF FU/Park statements)
Diploma in Logistics or in a related field
- Proven experience as Head of Logistics department or similar position mandatory – at least 2 years: multiple bases, multiple donors, remote management, donors, external representation…
- Previous experience as Head of Logistics department with significant financial volume (> EUR 5 million).
- Experience working for an INGO in a humanitarian emergency context
- Experience managing security, including training, compiling incident reports, and security plan revision.
- Proven experience in capacity building of staff
- Previous experience with SI is an asset;
- Experience working in Myanmar, Bangladesh, or in another South East Asian country is an asset;
Skills and knowledge:
- Ability to communicate clearly and to provide a clear framework to the department
- Ability to prioritize and to organize;
- Ability to multitask and to delegate;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong diplomatic and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills: a team-player.
- Bilingual in English (read, spoken & written)
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position
According to experience – from EUR 2640 gross per month (EUR 2400 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) + a monthly Per Diem of USD 450.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
The Logistics Coordinator will be living in a shared guesthouse with other expatriates.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI).
In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The office and guesthouse in Cox’s are comfortable and safely located. They ensure good standard in terms of privacy and comfort.
Cox’s Bazar, one of the most touristic cities of the country, hosting the majority of humanitarian actors, provides good opportunity for social life. However, the city is quite polluted, and it can get very busy and thus noisy.
Please note that the Bangladesh mission is adapting its way of working and living to minimize the exposure to COVID19, in constant monitoring and adaptation to the context evolution. This include social distancing and strict hygienic rules, such as handwashing, wearing a mask etc.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?i….
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
To learn more about SI, please visit our website. http://www.solidarites.org/en/