Business Development Coordinator – South Sudan Country Office
The Business Development (BD) Coordinator will work collaboratively with the BD Coordinator on board, on proposal development with an emphasis on funding strategy development/implementation, donor engagement, knowledge management and learning. The role will ensure comprehensive consultation during design, development and submission of proposals as well as strategic orientation of knowledge management and learning approaches for the South Sudan Country office. S/he will also work with the technical teams (in PDQ and in Programme Operations and Implementation), the Emergency team(s), field personnel and the staff in Logistics, Finance, HR, Admin and Awards Management.
- Minimum five years of experience in an NGO or similar environment; experience developing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts.
- Preferred degree in development studies, international relations, or related field.
- Solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: Education, FS/L, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, in development and emergency settings.
- Practical experience and successful track record in writing and leading proposals for a variety of donors, including institutional, private sector, foundations, corporates, the UN etc.
- Good knowledge of the development and emergency donor environment and expectations in South Sudan preferred.
- Good knowledge of the landscape of implementing partners and government structures in South Sudan preferred.
- Proven experience in developing local partnerships for projects.
- Familiarity with project design methods and tools (including assessments, logical frameworks, and work planning) and strong appreciation for innovation and partnership as part of project development.
- Good analytical skills, effective negotiator, with proven ability to positively influence cross-departmental and cross sector working.
- Experience in developing and working with project budgets.
- Practical experience in applying information technology to the implementation of knowledge management and Learning strategies.
- Proven ability to assess information needs and be innovative in the design and delivery of appropriate targeted solutions.
- Proven ability to build and maintain close and constructive working relationships with peers, management and staff in defining and fulfilling knowledge needs.
- Understanding of the principles for creating and maintaining communities of practice.
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work within a multicultural setting.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Contract duration: 12 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtvZ2kuMDA2MjguMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc…