Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Business Productivity Improvement Specialist, Afghanistan
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Business Productivity Improvement Specialist for the Afghanistan Value Chains (AVC) – High Value Crops Project in Afghanistan funded by USAID. The AVC – High Value Crops Project works with anchor firms nationwide to reverse market failures, strengthen backward and forward linkages, drive growth, and create jobs for men, women, and youth while supporting the rapid growth of the fruit and nuts, high-value horticulture, spices, and medicinal crops value chains. The Project contributes to positive and measurable impacts to the sectors and will increase the efficiency of market actors involved at every stage of the value chain. This position will be hired by ACDI/VOCA under subcontract to DAI.
The Business Productivity Improvement Specialist will be responsible to assist the business productivity team in technical activities. He/she will be working with Business Productivity Improvement Director in following up on field activities, updating and maintaining trackers, an online dashboard and any other tasks as assigned. The position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan with travel to provinces.
- Assist the Business Productivity Improvement Director in technical follow up on the access to finance, agriculture processing technologies, and business development services with the technical leads and portfolio managers
- Manage and update an online dashboard on fixed intervals, acting as administrator
- Translate media clips from Pashto and Dari into English and conduct light video and photo editing
- Upload weekly news reports to the online dashboard
- Attend technical meetings of the BPI department and develop meeting minutes
- Update and follow up on the technical progress trackers
- Assist the BPI team with the travel planning, arrangements and documentation, and reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as agreed to by ACDI/VOCA’s Team Lead and Business Productivity Improvement Director
- Bachelor’s (master’s preferred) in Business administration, Information Technology, Social Sciences or other closely related discipline with significant experience in business development and administration
- 4+ years working experience in business development, business management and IT technologies
- Well-versed in computer graphics, video enhancement, editing and data entry minimum 60 words per minute (WPM)
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with team and under stress
- Fluent in English, Pashto and Dari
- Ability to translate from Pashto and Dari to English and vice versa
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV with the subject line of Business Productivity Improvement Specialist to RecruitAVC@acdivoca-afghan.org. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.