Call for Technical and Program Management Experts – Afghanistan Power Sector Governance Activity
Pending RFP Release
Built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global is pioneering a new model of development that works in partnership with communities to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people’s lives. We intend to channel the majority of fees received from donor contracts back into our partner non-profit, DT Institute, to support innovative initiatives that test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities. With corporate offices in Washington D.C., Madrid, and Adelaide, the DT Global family represents a globally integrated service delivery platform with best-in-class technical expertise in delivering solutions across a broad range of sectors.
DT Global seeks Technical and Program Management Experts for the anticipated USAID/Afghanistan Power Sector Governance (PSG) Activity. The PSG Activity will provide support to the Government of Afghanistan in enhancing the performance of the power sector and the operational capacity and transparency of the national electric utility, Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS). The purpose of this activity is to advance DABS on a path of financial sustainability and improve the quality of electric services for DABS customers. The new activity will focus on three interrelated components: (1) strengthening power sector coordination and oversight mechanisms; (2) optimization of DABS commercial operations; and (3) improved planning and delivery of infrastructure investments.
DT Global is seeking Technical Experts with expertise in the following areas:
· Energy efficiency
· Utility modernization and corporate governance
· Integrated resource and resilience planning
· Digital strategy development and IT systems for energy operations
· Power purchase agreements and tariff frameworks
· Private sector investment
· Gender equality and social inclusion (GESI)
DT Global is seeking Program Management Experts with expertise in the following areas:
· Project administration and operations
· Human resources
· Monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
· A degree in a technically related field of expertise, such as energy policy, international development, engineering, business administration, trade, and finance.
· Minimum of five years of experience supporting or leading activities relevant to an above-mentioned area of expertise.
· Past work experience on donor-funded programs in Afghanistan is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Dari or Pashto is required.
· Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
· Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
· Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
· Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
· Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
· Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.