Chief of Party – Afghanistan Power Sector Governance Activity
Pending RFP Release
Built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global is pioneering a new model of development that works in partnership with communities to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people’s lives. We intend to channel the majority of fees received from donor contracts back into our partner non-profit, DT Institute, to support innovative initiatives that test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities. With corporate offices in Washington D.C., Madrid, and Adelaide, the DT Global family represents a globally integrated service delivery platform with best-in-class technical expertise in delivering solutions across a broad range of sectors.
DT Global seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Afghanistan Power Sector Governance (PSG) Activity. The PSG Activity will provide support to the Government of Afghanistan in enhancing the performance of the power sector and the operational capacity and transparency of the national electric utility, Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS). The purpose of this activity is to advance DABS on a path of financial sustainability and improve the quality of electric services for DABS customers. The new activity will focus on three interrelated components: (1) strengthening power sector coordination and oversight mechanisms; (2) optimization of DABS commercial operations; and (3) improved planning and delivery of infrastructure investments.
DT Global seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Afghanistan Power Sector Governance Activity. The COP will be responsible for the technical and administrative management of the activity and all of its sub-activities and crosscutting tasks. The COP will help develop and track implementation of the Work Plan, ensuring that all components are working in tandem and assuring that program deliverables are of quality. The COP will serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the Government of Afghanistan, DABS, and other project stakeholders. The COP will monitor performance against performance standards and expected results and will recommend enhancements as necessary to strengthen implementation. This position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan with potential domestic travel within Afghanistan and potential travel throughout the region.
· Advanced degree in energy policy, international development, engineering, business administration, trade, finance, or a related field.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading or providing technical oversight for an energy development or power sector reform activity.
· Proven track record designing and implementing organizational capacity assessments and capacity development activities for electric utilities.
· In-depth understanding of energy sector reform issues affecting Afghanistan’s power sector, especially relating to power sector planning and coordination, governance of electric utilities, and private sector investment.
· Proven ability to coordinate with senior-level government officials, electric utilities, and other power sector stakeholders to achieve desired impact.
· Supervisory experience on international development projects, preferably with USAID, is required.
· Past work experience in Afghanistan and/or Central Asia is preferred.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Dari or Pashto is preferred.
· Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
· Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
· Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
· Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
· Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
· Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.