CARE seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity. The anticipated goal of this activity is to improve the nutrition outcomes of pregnant and lactating women and children less than five years old in Bangladesh. As part of supporting Bangladesh to achieve its Journey to Self-Reliance, the Community Nutrition Activity will address the inequitable nutrition outcomes of the most vulnerable segments of the population through a targeted community-health system strengthening approach.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25-50M range. The solicitation is expected to be released in April 2021 and awarded in September 2021. This position is subject to project award and funding. International relocation and allowances are available.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
· Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
· Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
· Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
· Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders
· Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles
· With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
· Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other fora.
· Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
· Master’s or advanced degree in public health or a closely related field.
· Minimum of 10 years of senior-level management experience on donor-funded programs. Previous experience with management of USAID-funded programs is required.
· Previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience on
· Experience with two or more of the following specializations: community health; maternal, neonatal, and child health; nutrition; reproductive health; or social and behavior change.
· Demonstrated strong understanding of USAID’s multi-sectoral nutrition and community-health system strengthening approaches and gender programming.
· Previous experience with the culture and context of South Asia/ Bangladesh is strongly preferred.
· Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
· Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
· Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Experience recruiting, developing, and managing local and international staff and teams.
· Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming. Demonstrated commitment to PSEAH (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment).
· Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
· Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required.
· Ability to travel within Bangladesh as required.