Civil Society Officer,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance, and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project will work closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms will include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project will also promote better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business, and the media will play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
** Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The Civil Society Officer will support the Civil Society Organization (CSO) Team in communicating with and collecting reports from AMANAT grantees, preparing periodic progress reports for AMANAT management, coordinating with the Grants Teams on payments to the grantees as well as with the M&E Department on measuring impact of grantees’ activities, and performing other administrative and logistical tasks.
Salary: NTA Grad D (Step 1-5)
- Support the CSO Team with various administrative tasks including scheduling meetings, preparing Purchase Orders, and maintaining files and financial records
- Collect and compile weekly, quarterly, and annual reports received from grantees
- Communicate regularly with grantees on reporting and submission of deliverables
- Organize and coordinate logistics for trainings and workshops for grantees
- Work closely with the Grants Department on processing payments and provide additional information as requested
- Work closely with M&E Department to ensure grantees are using proper tools to measure progress, results, and impact of activities
- Prepare periodic reports for AMANAT management on progress of the CSO Technical Team’s work
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by Deputy Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law, Communications, or a related field is required
- Minimum of four years working with or supporting civil society organizations preferably working with USAID funded programs is required
- Knowledge of organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Previous experience working with international organization is required
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID grants compliance requirements is preferred
- Fluent English, and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto, writing and speaking, is required
Close date: March 22, 2021
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.