Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
The main functions of Communications Officer will be twofold, outreach and communications and shall include the following:
- Align the communications and outreach strategy to THOH’s ambitions as outlined in the THMCO’s strategic plan
- Provide support in preparing background materials for high level discussions with funding partners and with government counterparts;
- Prepare communication materials to improve the visibility of the hub;
- Identify requirements related to corporate marketing materials and the distribution thereof, as well as any reports/publications required for existing and potential clients and partners
- Share information and knowledge, and provide proactive support and follow-up in building and maintaining effective client relations
- Develop articles to increase THMCO’s visibility
- Provide support to UNOPS staff to do media outreach through publications to improve UNOPS visibility in THMCO’s countries.
- Build network and advise on best practices to increase THMCO branding and outreach
- Support the implementation of the THOH partnerships strategy for Thailand, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, East Timor and Pacific countries;
- Provide regular support in updating the THMCO partnerships strategy and provide suggestions to improve its functionality and usage;
- Investigate economic conditions surrounding relevant business activities, for instance industry trends and competition and prepare briefing notes as needed;
- Conduct extensive market research into the life cycle of business ideas and projects;
- Provide support in identifying critical inputs for high level proposals and concept notes to be delivered to a wide range of funding partners;
- Backstop the THMCO partnerships team in Thailand, Indonesia, PNG, and the Pacific when and as needed
- Draft concept notes, project documents, project briefs, proposals, presentations for further discussion with clients and donors.
- Active participation in the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programs and development of appropriate engagement proposals through a targeted approach.
- Any other partnership tasks and duties within the purview of the Communications and Outreach Analyst as directed by the supervisor to ensure the support to THOH’s communications and resource mobilization activities.
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21403
- Bachelor’s degree in political sciences, journalism international relations, development studies, social science, or related fields is required.
- Master’s degree in the above mentioned field would be a strong asset.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in communications, branding, outreach or related fields is required;
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant work experience in resource mobilization, marketing, research or related fields is required;
- Experience in developing knowledge products and articles for a wide range of audiences desired;
- Strong networking, communication, negotiation and presentation skills desired;
- Excellent communication skills required;
- Excellent research and drafting skills required;
- Good time management skills required; and
- Experience of working in the UN system is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Certification in PRINCE2 Foundation is desirable.