Compliance Officer / Amman, Jordan
1.Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and submit screening and vetting of potential implementing partners, suppliers, and contractors and give guidance to staff of vetting process and procedures.
- Electronic filing of compliance records (vetting documents, scanning signed financing agreements, scanning signed supply & service agreements)
- Physical filing of compliance records in safe (vetting documents, original financing agreements, original supply & service agreements, original bank guarantees & performance securities)
- Coordinate with legal consultants for sanction reviews requested required to comply with UN, EU and US Sanction.
- Follow up with legal consultants on all sanction review requests results.
- Internal assessment of procurement of goods / services to avoid procuring sanctioned goods / services.
- Regular review of all US, EU and UN sanctions on Syria
- Report all new regulations related to US, EU and UN sanctions on Syria to the management
- Ongoing compliance upkeep as required
- Making sure compliance is in line with Organization’s mandate and guidelines
- Keeping up with the FATF recommendations
- Adhere procurement committees when required.
- Practical knowledge and in-depth understanding of project works in conflict environment
- Professionalism, integrity and commitment to compliance requirements
- Understanding and sound judgment in multi-cultural work space;
- Good communication skills and ability to negotiate and report on compliance issues.
- Versatile capacity to deal in situations of challenging physical environment
The Sanction Compliance Officer will
• Work under the supervision of the Compliance Manager and in his absence to the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
- Diploma/ Bachelor Degree/ Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Law.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience at mid-level.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in US or EU sanctions.
- Knowledge and experience in working environments of emergency response actors and donors, and participation in multi-discipline project teams shall be positively evaluated;
- Computer literacy is mandatory;
- Computer literacy in different software applications required for screening and vetting is highly desirable / an advantage;
- Excellent proficiency / working knowledge in English is required;
- Excellent proficiency / working knowledge in Arabic is an advantage.
5.Duration and Place of Work
- Annual contract with a 3-month probation period.
- The candidate will be working in the SRTF office in Amman – Jordan, with possibility to travel in the region.
How to apply
Interested candidates please send your CVs to:
no later than 30 March, 2021