IntraHealth International is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working in the health sector, headquartered in the United States and registered as an international NGO in Kenya. In 2021, IntraHealth began the process of establishing an independent local affiliate in Kenya.
2. Purpose of the Consultancy
IntraHealth is seeking the services of a consultant to assist in the drafting and finalization of operational policies and procedures covering key functional areas including management, finance, operations, and human resources for a local affiliate health development NGO in Kenya, The consultant will be provided with a set of policies and procedures from IntraHealth and its local affiliates and adapt these to relevant Kenyan legal and operational context for use by a new local affiliate NGO in Kenya. If any critical gaps in the provided policies and procedures are identified based on the Kenyan context, the consultant may also be tasked to draft and finalize new policies and/or procedures to address these gaps in collaboration with IntraHealth and the local NGO affiliate in order to provide the local affiliate NGO the necessary policies and procedures framework and guidance for full, functional operation in Kenya in the health development sector.
3. Scope of Work Details
- Review and adapt set of policy and procedures documents for IntraHealth International and its local affiliate NGOs (covering management, finance, operations, and human resources) to produce drafts that take into account relevant Kenyan legal and operational context for use by a Kenyan local affiliate health development NGO.
- Submit draft policies and procedures to IntraHealth and local affiliate NGO for review and incorporate feedback to produce final documents.
- If critical gaps in policies and/or procedures guidance are identified based on the Kenyan legal and operational context, draft policies and/or procedures to fill gaps in collaboration with IntraHealth and local affiliate NGO.
- Provide relevant advice to both IntraHealth and the local affiliate NGO throughout the policies and procedures development/finalization process.
4. Deliverables and Reports
The consultant will lead the completion of the following deliverables, with the expectation that some of the tasks will be completed by the consultant while completion of others will be facilitated by the consultant by overseeing, supporting and reviewing the work of assigned IntraHealth and local affiliate NGO staff, and/or other engaged consultants. IntraHealth may prioritize some consultant tasks and deliverables over others based on needs for establishing the local affiliate and the timeline of activities. Draft versions will be produced, input solicited from designated individuals, and their feedback incorporated to produce final versions of the following:
- Operational policies and procedures manual for the local affiliate NGO operating in the health development sector, covering key functional areas of management, finance, and operations (including but not limited to ethics, project startup and closeout, finance and accounting, audit, procurement, travel/transportation, and communications).
- HR policies and procedures manual (i.e., employee handbook) for same.
5.GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Quotations should clearly state unit price (daily rate).
Quotations should include the following:
- Up to date CV(s)
- Cover letter
- At least 3 references with current contact info for assignments of similar scope and size (references will be checked)
- Established daily rate in Kenyan shillings which should be proven by providing three completed assignment invoices or proof of salary with the requested rate
IntraHealth reserves the right to a) reject any and all offers, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, b) waive immaterial requirements, and c) pursue purchasing in a manner that is in the best interest of IntraHealth.
United States law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism. The supplier must ensure compliance with these laws in any resultant contract from this RFQ.
Duration: Up to a total of 20 days; work to be completed over approximately 2 months (April– May 2021 period)
How to apply
CONTACT ADDRESS TO SUBMIT QUOTATION:
4th Floor, 9 West Building
Ring Road/Lower Kabete Rd, Westlands
P.O. Box 66276-00800
EMAIL: [email protected].
SUBMISSION DEADLINE AND TIME:
1.) Response to this request for quotation should be sent by email by 25th March 2021 by 1700 hours (East African Time)
2.) Inquiries concerning this request should be directed to [email protected].