CONSULTANCY – TERMS OF REFERENCE
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.**
Consultant – BI Engineer, (Local)
UNRWA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) that aims to enhance livelihood and human development opportunities to Palestine refugees in Gaza.
United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) is a UN agency that provides IT services to other UN agencies on a cost recovery basis.
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking BI Engineer who is responsible for effectively design, capture, integrate, organize, centralize, and maintain data on On-premises, Hybrid and Cloud data platforms. Under the supervision of the Head of the Data & Analytics section, the incumbent will oversee the technical design and implement the technical Data management solution.
This position is mainly designed for a people with a strong experience based on Microsoft Data and BI stack components (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks and any other Azure Data services and Data visualizations tools (Power BI, Qlik, Tableau). AWS experience is a plus.
The consultant will report administratively to Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarter Gaza and technically to United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC).
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the lead data architect in revising enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models
· Implement the data management solution including the platform architecture design, the ETL/ELT data processes, the databases/data warehouse/data lake solution, the data model and different data Marts and eventually additional Analysis services.
· Create data models that conform with existing standards and business requirements.
· Revise data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards
· Partner with Security specialists to ensure compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
· Work with the team (technical Lead/Architect/other members) and customer focal point to understand the business need and design/implement the technical data management solution.
· Design and implement Data Warehouses and Data Lakes solutions, mainly using Microsoft technologies, based on the customers’ business requirements.
· Design and implement complex ELT and ETL processes using Integration Services (SSIS) or Azure Data Factory
· Design and develop Analysis Services OLAP Cubes and Tabular Views
· Develop scripts accordingly to the data need (stored Procedures with T-SQL, Python or R, eventually PowerShell or .NET).
· Design conceptual and logical data models and data flowcharts
· Design Data-as-a-Service solution, on-premises and Cloud based, based on Data API Gateway and other Cloud services.
· Implement Data Catalog solutions
· Migrate data from legacy systems to new data platform solutions
· Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
· Optimize new and current database systems
· Perform other duties as maybe required.
minimum Qualifications and Experience
· A university degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Information Technology, or related discipline.
· Professional experience in Business Intelligence, Data Management, Information Systems with on-prem and cloud technologies required as per the following:
§ Cluster A: A minimum of 5 years of experience.
§ Cluster B: A minimum of 7 years of experience.
· Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, Tableau)
· Expert knowledge on Data modelling (OLTP and OLAP models), Data Integration (ELT/ETL), Data Lake/Data Warehouse/Data Marts implementation and Data Analysis models (Analysis Services).
· Microsoft Data Management technologies, platforms and applications experience is mandatory.
· Experience with Cloud Data & BI environment (MS Azure mandatory, AWS a plus).
· Communicating in a credible and effective way
· Experience working as a member of distributed data architecture teams (on premise or cloud)
· Knowledge of Agile development methodology and concepts.
· Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures is a plus.
· Strong experience with Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server. Oracle is a plus.
· Fluency in spoken and written English.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
· High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
· High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
· Ability to deliver quality results.
· Teamwork and collaborative skills.
· Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail.
· Exemplary customer service skills.
· Demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving.
· Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving high growth environment.
· Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
· Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Prince2 Agile, ITIL, SCRUM,
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
· The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
· Remuneration for this consultancy will depend on the qualifications and relevant experience as follows:
o Cluster A: $1,600.
o Cluster B: $1,800.
· The incumbent can be in any of UNRWA fields of operations (Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank).
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form clearly demonstrating the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of this consultancy “BI Engineer” and field (area)/country of the candidate in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 07 April 2021.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form clearly demonstrating the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via email@example.com indicating the title of this consultancy “BI Engineer” and field (area)/country of the candidate in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 07 April 2021