Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- In the framework of the CSD section action plan, our client aims to improve & provide a strong quality immunization program in any country & the basic objective of this consultancy is to facilitate the development of immunization system in focused health facilities as a pilot for nationwide replication. The initial focus is on undertaking the key interventions in selected health facilities (34 in 26 municipalities).
- Our client is implementing a comprehensive package of interventions with special focus on quality & coverage of EPI vaccines nationwide. The EPI is the only public health program in Libya through network of about 700 immunization sites. The administrative coverage is reported very high against childhood vaccine preventable diseases however, EPI is currently faced by number of issues in the system hence our client in Libya is seeking the services of a national consultant for EPI for a period of 4 months (extendable) with a tentative start date of 1st April 2021.
The key objectives of the consultant are as follows:
- Under the guidance & supervision of the Director EPI, develop health facility based micro plans to facilitate vaccine forecasting & coverage (34 health facilities).
- Undertake cold chain & vaccine management training (2 per health facility) to equip vaccination staff health facility level (34 health facilities) with required knowledge & skill sets for quality services.
- Placement of FT2 the monitoring device in cold chain equipment’s to ensure quality of vaccine during storage, distribution & administration through reliable vaccine monitoring mechanism.
- Endorse & scale up use of EPI booklet as basic guide for the vaccinators.
- Develop training plan agreed with our client in schedule & training methodology.
- Develop awareness raising material on the subject for wider dissemination.
- Undertake monitoring of health facilities to assess the knowledge, attitude & practices of the staff trained to support EPI.
- Submit detailed monitoring report highlighting any issues with recommended actions.
- Develop a profile of the staff trained during the process & the vaccination site.
- Prepare monthly reports of the defined activities & submit to the supervisor for review.
- This role works under the guidance & supervision of the Director EPI.
- This role doesn’t have team any management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential) and/or Africa (essential).
- Fluency in Arabic and English are essential.
- University Degree in Media, Social Science, Public Health, Business Administration, Linguistics or related fields.
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in public health / social sector analysis & reporting.
- Strong communication in written & oral in Arabic & English with specific skills in undertaking training & vaccine management.
- Knowledge & experience in undertaking remote trainings.
- Quality oriented, creative, able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with diverse groups of people in emergencies is an asset.
- Team work.
- Networking & building partners.
- Problem solving & analytic analysis.
Other relevant information:
- Our client will process the payment / fee for 4 months, it will be paid against deliverables in 2 instalments, 2nd upon completion of the following (a detailed work plan will describe the actions mentioned in key tasks and responsibilities).
- Develop & share bi-weekly work plan endorsed by in charge of field office and Chief CSD.
- Share highlight of actions & submit brief report biweekly on key achievements & challenges.
- Prepare a monthly bulletin of EPI activities on agreed template.
- Ensure timely & quality reporting & accurate information for dissemination.
- The payment will be done after 3 months upon the submission of the above deliverables.
- Our client is committed to diversity & inclusion within its workforce & encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious & ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- Our client has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims & objectives of the UN, including sexual exploitation & abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority & discrimination.
- Our client also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference, background checks & will be expected to adhere to these standards & principles.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: