In the Middle East Region, Malteser International (MI) is operating in the context of the humanitarian crisis in Syria since 2012 implementing emergency relief measures in Turkey, Syria, and Lebanon and since 2014 in Iraq. Malteser International’s programs cover needs mainly in the health sector and are mostly partner implemented.
In Lebanon, Malteser International works in cooperation with “The Lebanese Association of the Knights of Malta (LAKM)” to implement projects in the framework of humanitarian assistance and transitional aid funded by the German Foreign Office and the Federal Ministry for Economic Coop-eration and Development.
LAKM and MI are implementing a comprehensive multi-annual program to strengthen the social and health and agricultural-humanitarian services of LAKM all over Lebanon and further professionalize LAKM as Non-Governmental Organization.
In support of our work in Beirut, Lebanon, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Country Coordinator.
As Country Coordinator, you will lead the technical support team, represent Malteser International in Lebanon and provide technical and managerial guidance and support to LAKM. You will be responsible for the oversight of planning, implementation and monitoring of MI co-funded projects. You will work very closely together with LAKM, prepare and organize regular meetings with LAKM, ensure effective coordination and co-operation. Through regular support, monitoring and capacity building of the local partner organization, you will ensure that projects are implemented on time, reaching the set targets and quality standards and fulfil all requirements laid out in policies, proposals and project agreements. You will be responsible to ensure qualitative reporting for MI and donor purposes and necessary adaptions of project design and implementation are done according to M&E findings and the changing context in country. If needed, you will support LAKM at needs assessments and fact-finding missions to initialise and conceptualise new joined projects of LAKM and MI.
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of projects according to set targets/indicators and promote quality of project implementation according to Malteser International and donor policies and standards
- Establish and maintain mechanisms/ tools/ surveillance systems and capacities in cooperation with the local partner organization for close monitoring and evaluation of activities and its quality and impact
- Develop staff capacity of local partner organization to ensure that staff can fulfil the required administrative, financial and project cycle management targets
- Preparation and writing of proper and timely project reports adhering to donor and Malteser standards (amendments, interim, final reports, monthly reports) in English language
- Joint planning and design of project activities including preparation of proposals, logframes and budgets with local partner organization
- Supervise the administration, finance and logistic of the partner organization to ensure appropriate record keeping and adherence to Malteser International’s and donor administrative, finance and procurement procedures and guidelines
- Ensure proper and appropriate visibility measures according to the organizational and donor requirements
- Represent program activities and Malteser International towards coordination mechanisms, national governmental bodies, technical working groups, international agencies and donors
- Master Degree preferably in Social Sciences, ideally Humanitarian Aid, Development Studies and/ or Public Health
- At least 5 years working experience in managing humanitarian aid and/or development projects with international NGOs
- Proven experience in working with local civil-society organisations
- Strong project management skills (including project proposal development, logical framework, financial monitoring, logistics and report writing)
- Experience in working with German and international donors (AA, BMZ, etc.)
- Context experience in the Middle East, Lebanon in particular desired
- Proven problem solving and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners and different authorities
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); French, Arabic and German would be an asset
- Positive identification with vision and mission of a catholic faith-based organisation
- Physical and mental strength, readiness to live in Beirut or surroundings
- Starting date: May 2021
- Duty station: Beirut, Lebanon (with very frequent travels to project areas)
- Contract duration: 24 months
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, 30 vacation days
- We offer a challenging position with many opportunities in a committed and supportive team
How to apply
We sparked your interest?
Please submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three references) online at https://bit.ly/2PODsGd latest until April 18th 2021.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin.