Be part of the Asia Foundation’s team actively engaged in policy reform activities and building coalitions and networks in the Philippines.
Coalitions for Change (CfC) is a partnership program of Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and The Asia Foundation in the Philippines. CfC supports the formulation and implementation of key policies consistent with the government’s agenda on economic growth, improved governance, and social development.
The program creates spaces for collaboration, strengthening coalitions and networks, civil society, the private sector, the government, academia, and others to bring about transformative change. Working with these motivated groups and individuals, and underpinned with technical and political analysis, CfC successfully delivers reforms that lead to sustainable and inclusive development, improving the lives of Filipinos.
About The Consultancy:
The successful consultant will edit and revise the draft manuscript of the team into a cohesive cybersecurity policy report; while working closely with the team leader. S/he will contribute technical revisions to ensure the appropriateness of the report to the Philippine cybersecurity landscape. S/he is in-charge of timely report writing and updates via various platforms including phone, SMS, email, chat groups, online meeting tools and social media. S/he is also responsible in closely coordinating with The Asia Foundation’s Economic Reform unit and the reform teams.
Contract Period: 15 March 2021 to 30 September 2021
Level of Effort (LOE): maximum of 45 days
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with the team leader on the Cybersecurity Report
- Edit and revise the draft manuscript of the team into a cohesive policy report;
- Edit the report to reflect the analysis on the different actors in the cybersecurity landscape and corresponding policy recommendations to addressing each;
- Timely report writing and updates via various platforms including phone, SMS, email, chat groups, online meeting tools and social media
- Closely coordinate with The Asia Foundation’s Economic Reform unit and the reform teams
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in technical writing, in each of the fields of ICT, cybersecurity, and policy legal frameworks
- At least 5 years of professional experience in both ICT policy and law
- With a graduate degree in law, public policy, or public management
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to be consistently online for work
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills in both English and Filipino
How to apply
The Asia Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, sex, disability, national origin, color, or any other protected class. Support will be provided to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.