Chemonics is seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID Indonesia Sustainable Environmental Governance Across Regions (SEGAR) Activity. The SEGAR Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. To achieve the overall goal, this Activity will achieve the following two objectives: 1) Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advances biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use and 2) Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
The Activity’s base period is from February 26, 2021 through February 25, 2024 (Year 1-3), with two option periods (Year 4 and 5).
This position is only open to local nationals and will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- With the chief of party, closely oversees day-to-day implementation, personnel management, reporting, and monitoring in activity sites
- Serve as alternate point of contact for Chemonics and USAID and acting chief of party when the chief of party is unavailable
- In close coordination with the chief of party, systematically engages national and subnational policymakers, private sector actors, and community representatives
- Liaises with national government and continually gauges political dynamics that present opportunities and challenges for the project team
- Inform adaptive management for achieving expected results
- Take lead role in work planning processes, pause and reflect workshops, and other collaborative learning events using MEL data and political economy information to adjust the work plans and interventions as appropriate
- Ensure effective implementation of interventions in the sites
- Ensure technical team and site teams have a cohesive and demand-driven strategy that leverages stakeholders’ commitment for effective result delivery
- Supervise site managers and, as needed, short-term technical experts
- Report to the chief of party
- Advanced degree in NRM, public administration, financing, economics, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development management
- Demonstrated understanding of current NRM policies, approaches, and challenges and opportunities in Indonesia at the national and subnational levels
- Ability to direct and monitor remote site teams and subcontractors from a central office
- Ability to design interventions in workplans that meet subnational requirements and achieve expected results
- Political savvy and ability to navigate sensitive political dynamics
- Work experience at the subnational level in Indonesia
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development management in Indonesia
- Experience working with USG funding
- Technical expertise in biodiversity conservation, conservation governance, local governance, commodity supply chain management, certification schemes, or other related areas in the Indonesian context
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached and “SEGAR -Deputy Chief of Party” in the subject line to [email protected] by March 29, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.