Deputy Project Director, USAID Rural Water Research and Learning, Washington, DC
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Proposal Objective: **
USAID is launching the five-year Rural Water Research and Learning Activity with the intention of expanding the evidence base for rural water services, increasing use of findings to inform rural water policy and programming in collaboration with partners, in order to increase the availability and sustainable management of safe water for the underserved and most vulnerable. Designed to complement other USAID/Washington WASH research and learning activities, it will focus on implementation research related to (1) the professionalization of rural water services; (2) systems for rural water quality monitoring; and (3) improving planning for water resources. It will place an emphasis on working with local institutions and stakeholders to ensure uptake and use of research findings.
SI is seeking a full-time Deputy Project Director (DPD) to provide strategic direction, managerial, and technical leadership to ensure the achievement of the Activity objectives. The DPD will be based in Washington, DC, and will report to the Project Director (PD). The DPD will be responsible for fulfilling the PD role as needed when the PD is absent and will provide complementary skills and experience to ensure project success.
· Provide technical leadership and contribution to research tasks across areas including rural WASH, community participation, rural WASH, social and behavior change, governance, institutional strengthening, and private sector engagement.
· Support the PD in successful project implementation, including program planning, development, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
· Contribute to the development of quarterly and annual Activity work plans and budgets and ensure the timely submission and quality of all activity reports, materials, and publications, compliant with the contract agreement.
· Be a thought leader in WASH by representing the Activity at conferences, meetings and in other forums to achieve dissemination goals, maintain networks and awareness of gaps and new developments in the WASH sector.
· Fill the PD role as needed in the PD’s absence, including serving as SI’s primary point of contact with USAID and representing the activity before USAID implementing partners (IPs) and other stakeholders.
· Master’s degree or higher in engineering, public health, business, behavioral science, or other related field.
· At least seven (7) years of demonstrated technical expertise, including in research programs, with substantial developing country context experience, in a combination of the following technical areas: community participation, rural WASH, social and behavior change, governance, institutional strengthening, and private sector engagement.
· At least 2 years of demonstrated excellence in a management and leadership position in international health or other development program context.
· Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts and donor partners.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills would be an added asset.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
Apply here: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA…