Digital Operations Internship, Digital Engagement Section, Private Sector Partnerships (PSP),
Division of External Relations (DER), UNHCR Copenhagen
Vacancy Notice No: CPH/VN/2021/013
Title: Digital Operations Intern
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Duration of Internship: 6 months
Application Deadline: 31 March 2021 (Midnight)
Expected Start Date: April 2021
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a Digital Operations Internship within the Digital Engagement Section in our Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people.
UNHCR’s Digital Engagement Section (DES) is part of the wider Division of External Relations (DER) section. This role is part of the Digital Marketing team positioned within DES. One of the core objectives of this team is to help the organization to accelerate public engagement and audience growth from digital channels, and contribute to the One Billion dollar strategy which consists in raising $1 billion USD from the private sector each year by 2025 and engaging with 25 million people in support of the refugee cause.
The Digital Engagement Section oversees the activities of UNHCR’s digital presence globally and ensures our core audiences are delivered high-quality user experience that helps each business unit within UNHCR meet its objectives (fundraising, advocacy, engagement).
The Digital Engagement Section is seeking a dynamic, skilled and proactive intern who will ensure timely support on projects related to fundraising activities. This internship is a unique opportunity to gain experience within resource management, reporting, data gathering and practical aspects of administrative processes within the UN system.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Operations Intern will be working under the supervision of the Senior Digital Engagement Officer and work closely with the Senior Admin Assistant and in close cooperation with the rest of the team. Intern’s duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in coordinating and managing the section’s digital platform on SharePoint
• Assisting in providing administrative, financial and organizational support to external consultants (travels, invoicing, contract renewal)
• Assisting in identifying and managing the necessary resources to implement projects activities
• Organizing weekly team meetings and ad hoc meetings (Book room, coordinate agenda, send invitation, take notes)
• Assisting in organization of events and workshops with external and internal participants
• Creating and editing presentation, reports and other documents in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats
• Providing day-to-day support to the operational
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
Minimum qualifications required
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a strong communicator with fluency in English (advanced writing and editing skills)
• Demonstrate ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff
• Have excellent organizational and planning skills with proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task
• Demonstrate ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
• Demonstrate ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies; and
• Demonstrate ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
Desirable skills and experience
• Knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic/Chinese/French/Russian/Spanish);
• Detailed knowledge and understanding
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
· Be a recent graduate (completed studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO.
· Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to work of the organization.
· An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based with the team in the UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The internship is a six-month full-time role with 40 working hours per week, from 8.30am to
5pm Monday to Friday. The start date is to be determined in accordance with the measures
adopted by the Danish government and guidance of UNHCR regarding the COVID-19
situation. Depending on the circumstances, there is a possibility the successful candidate will
perform certain duties remotely and/or from at home.
Obtaining and renewing current visas and residence permits including all associated costs, are
the responsibility of the intern. Please note that the terms of internship, as defined by UNHCR
practice, include the payment of a Food and Local Transportation Allowance (FLTA). In case
the intern is sponsored by another source during the internship this will be deducted from the FLTA.
The written test might be included in selection process.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online through the MSRP Portal with a Letter of Interest
Job Opening ID 25612: Digital Operations Intern
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees).
For any technical problems encountered during the on-line application, please contact the
Global Service Desk at [email protected] by allowing sufficient time for the resolution of the issue.
The deadline for applications is midnight 31 March 2021 (CET, Central European Time).