The Education Cluster Support Officer will be responsible for:
The Education Cluster Support Officer is employed by Save the Children, S/He is responsible for supporting the Education Cluster coordinators (SCI and UNICEF) in implementing the Education Cluster work plan, and to contribute to the coordination activities with Education partners, in appropriate and timely manners. Specifically, S/He will follow up the action points from the Education Cluster meeting, technical working group meetings, coordinate with Information management officer on surveys and data and work closely with Education Cluster coordinators and members to maximize the coordination level and avoid any potential overlapping. Further, S/He will be taking the responsibility of admin work of the cluster. In addition, develop a suitable analysis of the 4Ws results to enhance the coordination among the Education partners aiming to cover the gaps and meet needs in NW Syria and in Ras Al-ain and Tal Abiad sub-districts. Education Cluster Support Officer will take responsibility of translate guidance, notes and presentation shared by the cluster. The Education Cluster support officer will report directly to the Education Cluster coordinator of SCI and indirectly to Education Cluster Coordinator of UNICEF.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Bachelor degree in combination of the selective disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education; Primary Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance.
* At least 2 years’ work experience in Education in Emergencies
* Demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge of Education in Emergencies, particularly in a protracted displacement context
* Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
* Highly adaptable and able to cope with the pressure
* Good negotiation and advocacy skills
* Integrity, transparency, and strong work ethics.
* Computer literacy skills including presentations.
* Full professional proficiency in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
* Commitment to and understanding humanitarian principles, the convention on child rights and the Cluster approach and relevant standards (Sphere and INEE)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector at the pay-grade of the position, transportation allowance as per relevant internal policy and 20 days of annual leave per year.
Position holder will be based in Gaziantep, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of applicaton.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uMzg3MzguMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc…