The project comprises of two Modules which are Macro Economic Policy Consulting and Labour Market Interventions. The latter is tasked with Skills Development and Job Placement, Inclusion and Integration for Job Market Re-entry and SME development support, innovation and cooperation with the international private sector.
The general objective of this assignment is to strengthen the private sector development and enhance the potential for growth in the sector by creating and developing innovative business approaches that will be successful as a real business. We are targeting to activate local market dynamics that lead to a) the establishment of entrepreneurs and new specialized start-ups and b) provides new innovative business activities for already
established local, thereby generating inspiring new job opportunities for young male and female engineers and technicians that contribute to healthy and hygienic as well as environmental sound agribusiness in the region.
The project intends to provide ideation trainings for 300 committed potential entrepreneurs and to provide extended coaching, mentoring and support to 75 selected participants. These will receive access to a range of support services (business development support, support to find affordable finance, technical knowledge, skilled human capital, and networks, mentors and markets) to enable their growth.
The requested services shall be conducted mainly for the governates of Bagdad and Basra, the main physical trainings, workshops, meetings, etc. shall be conducted within the cities of Bagdad and Basra. People of other areas of Iraq can be included as far as they are able and willing to participate in the relevant trainings and meetings.
The ability to communicate very well in English is a prerequisite
- Bachelor or Master in Agribusiness or related sectors (e.g. food processing), engineering, economics, business administration
- Very good English skills (C1).
- Language skill in Arabic might be from advantage
- Experience in business development functions
- Proven experience in entrepreneurship building, business development, adopting methods for business modelling and start-up creation
- Eperience conducting desk and field research (similar nature as required by the assignment)
- Proven experience in market assessments and in primary data collection and conducting interviews
- Solid experiences in adult learning and e-learning methods, providing trainings and training materials for the relevant topics
Specific professional experience:
- Solid experiences in conceptualising entrepreneurship programs
- Experience in/with the Agribusiness sector
- Working experience in the field of job-oriented learning systems, professional development, capacity development for entrepreneurship, youth enabling
- Counselling and mentoring for entrepreneurship and youth employment
- Experience on the interlinkages between job creation / private sector development and Agribusiness applications
- Experience in Value chain data collection and analysis, training in agricultural value chain analysis,
- Experience in Value Chain Finance (or otherwise knowledge to be included by hiring freelancers)
- Experience in MENA region and Iraq from advantage
How to apply
Are you interested in a coopertaion with AFC in this upcoming project? Please upload your most recent CV here
Please note, that only shortlisted experts will be contacted.