Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in 63 countries; for further information about the association: www.hi.org.
The HI Iraq Mine Action program is covering the area of Kirkuk Governorate where the teams are concentrating on the survey and clearance of Improvised Explosive Devices laid along the former confrontation lines; the teams conduct NTS, TS and clearance in this highly contaminated area.
The terms of reference by HI as an EOD/IEDD Field Manager for the Iraq Programme. As the EOD/IEDD FM, you will report directly to the EODOM and assist with the start-up of humanitarian mine action clearance operations in Iraq, according to project plans and quality frame, donor agreements and standards. This will include mentoring a Multi Task Team (MMC), the training of staff and capacity building of all Mine Action staff. Moreover, you will be responsible for assisting the EODOM in training, mentoring and managing humanitarian mine action multi-task teams.
Terms of Reference:
· Operate in accordance with the country specific SOPs and be prepared to assist the EODOM develop appropriate new SOPs (under overall approval of HI HQ), if required;
· Have a strong understanding of HMA and specifically manual mine clearance and IEDD procedures outlined by IMAS.
· Oversee intensive training and capacity building of staff;
· Train, mentor and capacity build national and partner staff if/when applicable;
· Conduct clearance and survey operations, as required;
· Mentor clearance teams
· Conduct regular Quality control and quality assurance inspections.
· Work closely and in coordination with other HI sectors.
· Provide technical oversight of field operations of the component for which you are responsible, including training, safety and security, daily operational planning and implementation, and the direction and discipline of operational and administrative personnel you manage.
· Prepare all relevant reports and documentation in a timely manner, as directed, in line with HI Project Quality framework practices and tools and in conformity with donors’ requirements;
· Provide timely and detailed data for the programme output tracker;
· Implement HI quality management systems that support efficient and effective operations as per HI SOPs;
· Stay informed and current on new techniques, manuals and devices relating to Humanitarian Mine Action;
· Actively participate to base and project coordination mechanisms in a collaborative spirit with other project teams and mission departments (MEAL, etc)
Other Terms of Reference linked with testing future responsibilities (on going restructuration project).
· Follow relevant budgets and ensure budget lines are not exceeded;
· Develop, update and execute the procurement plans ensuring proactive and timely allocation of resources;
· Represent HI in relevant opportunities, including sector coordination and technical working groups if required;
· Develop and maintain strong and positive working relationship with National Mine Action Authorities, UNMAS, mine action organizations and other relevant stakeholders;
· Develop and drive a culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimization across all mine action projects;
· Be a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as a positive role model for contributing to the team spirit of HI;
· Actively mainstream gender, inclusion and conflict sensitivity in all mine action activities.
· If opportunity arises, capacity build and enhance local NGO’s clearance operations in Iraq as directed by the Head of Mission and EOD Operation Manager, following project plans and donor agreements;
YOUR PROFILE :
1. Essential qualifications
· Relevant and recognized EOD and IEDD qualification to fulfil organizational needs.
· IMAS Level 3+ qualification from accredited school.
· Experience in NGOs and humanitarian settings
2. Experience and competencies:
· Experience in planning, managing and supervising/controlling survey, decontamination and clearance operations;
· Experience in the field of training /professional training
· Understanding of project management tools and previous experience in project design.
· Experience in data collection and data management / community liaison
· A previous experience in Iraq with the knowledge of the country requirements and culture is an asset
· Ability to work in hard conditions, and without constant supervision
· Very good written and oral communication skills
· Length of the contract: 12 months
o 3-4 months (depending on starting date) secured Consultancy contract. **
o 8-9 months salaried contract (to be discussed as HI is restructuring responsibilities for EOD Staff)**
· Affectation base: Kirkuk, Iraq. Base is subject to changes to meet operational needs and regular trips to other sites may be required
· Accommodation: provided by HI in shared guesthouse
· Consultant status:
-Monthly fees: from 6000 €, more depending on experience
-R&R*: 40 days of R&R over 12 months* : HI covers the transportation costs from the site of mission to the R&R destination up to a ceiling fixed by the program
* The R&R rotation depends on the program policy and can evolve with time depending on
Many factors, most of them being external (this policy is reviewed on a regular basis and should evolve in near future).
* R&R are provided by HI based on the necessary rest (when working in stressing contexts) to be taken in order to be able to implement EOD activities in good conditions. They are to be taken during the mission.
*-National holiday**: 10 public holidays a year maximum celebrated in the country of mission and validated by the Programme Director
*-Flight ticket** and transportations for departure and arrival taken in charge by HI
-Insurances: Liability + HMA specific insurance**
How to apply
Please use the following link: