CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights. CARE’s East and Central Africa (ECA) Regional Office is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. The Regional Office is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations in the region as well as the provision of support to country offices in the region.
CARE USA Core Values Commitment
The Core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The Core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President (VP) Humanitarian Affairs provides administrative, secretarial and communications support to the VP. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working across time-zones, within an environment that is mission and results-driven, where they can bring their whole self to work, contribute to positive social change and achieve significant professional growth for future career opportunities.
This position will perform a variety of administrative, research, coordinating and logistical services for the VP and in support of the Humanitarian Affairs team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- Supporting correspondence that is sometimes confidential;
- Taking notes for meetings and assisting with related follow-up tasks and reminders;
- Compiling documents for meetings and collecting and/or preparing and distributing background materials for meetings and events.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries including:
- Managing logistics and acting as a liaison for events, meetings and travels;
- In consultation with the VP, developing an annual calendar of events (meetings, field visits, etc.) and assisting with preparing agendas.
- Performing research and producing executive summaries and background materials as needed.
- Drafting and editing PowerPoint presentations and documents, as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus at least 3 – 5 years administrative experience supporting a senior executive, preferably with experience in an international organization, and in a non-profit setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills including keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds and to handle confidential matters with discretion and judgment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent computer literacy including hands-on knowledge of database, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software, and ability to navigate and use the Internet effectively.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to send in their applications that includes a cover letter and updated CV attached as one document to [email protected] with the subject title “Executive Assistant”. The closing date is 15th August 2022.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.