Reporting to: Managing Director (MD)
Work Percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 1st May 2020
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Executive Assistant to Managing Director (EA) assists the MD and FSC IF Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) in the day-to-day management of the FSC IF to guarantee a smooth and efficient running of Programs, office operations managements as well as communication and management of the FSC IF Boards. The EA will provide assistance in two areas:
- Assist the MD in management, communication, monitor, and follow up on decisions, plans, and opportunities ensuring effective and timely responses and collaboration with FSC IF Governance, PIPC, FSC, Regional and National Indigenous Peoples’ Organizations, donors and strategic partners (multi-lateral agencies, multi-national organizations, CSOs etc).
- Provide office, administrative, financial management to the MD and DFA including monitoring and follow up of key decisions and identify key management issue requiring attention from the MD and/or DFA on areas related to programs, team, outsourced service providers, program partners, contractors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Governance and partnerships (60%):
- Serves as the first point of contact for internal and external parties including PIPC, FSC IF Governance (Council, Finance Committee, Executive Committee) , FSC (International Board, Membership, International Office, Regional Offices, FSC A.C., Network Partners), contractors, strategic partners, donors, and others.
- Assist the MD to manage effective and timely communication including, by not limited, to internal and external meetings, agenda, documentation, sets priorities, workflow management in an efficient and organized manner, preparation and distribution of minutes/updates; monitors follow-up actions as required; preparation of meetings and calls; and all logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings convened by the FSC IF Governance, Senior Management Team, strategic partners and donors.
- Monitor new opportunities to PIPC and IF Council, including preparation and organization of any Indigenous Peoples meetings connected to FSC IF, PIPC, FSC IF Council meetings, and others programs and initiatives managed by FSC IF.
- Conduct research and analyses, summarizes information, compile data and prepare reports and presentation to the MD and chairs of PIPC and FSC IF Council;
- Respond efficiently and timely to additional activities assigned by the MD.
- Provide assistance with all Board and committee meetings taking notes and preparing minutes (with official decisions and outstanding action items) for review and approval.
- Act as focal point on all contracts and payment approvals that MD must sign.
B. Office, Administrative, and Program Management Support (40%):
- Serve as executive assistant to the MD by providing coordination and oversight support, setting work priorities, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assist the MD and DFA with all operations, administrative, and communication of the FSC IF including management support with FSC IF planning, reports, budget management as well as staff, outsourced service providers, contractors, partners, donors, and FSC international, regional, and national offices.
- Prepares invoices, payment requests and expense claims for the MD, DFA, FSC governance, and PIPC.
- Drafts letters and memoranda for final approval and signature by the MD or the DFA.
- Other duties as may be required.
KEY AREAS OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in areas related to business, administration, HR, finance, program management.
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in working in similar areas with CEO/Chairman/managing Director.
- Software knowledge: High proficient in Windows, MS Office, communication tools (Zoom, Teams, Google Meet etc), and Proficient on oral and written communication in English.
- Oral and written proficiency: English and Spanish with excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills. Proficiency in French will be a plus.
- Organizational skills: Must be good on prioritization, time management, attention to detail, follow through, staying informed with organizational initiatives and priorities.
- Excellent capacity of task management: Able to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks and assignments.
- Excellent capacity of time management: Able to meet deadline and delivery products with high quality and in response to agreed demands and usually short-notice deadlines.
- Strong commitment to FSC IF’s mission and values: Demonstrate commitment to IF’s mission, value, and strategies.
- Effective personal relations and communications: Collaborate within external teams and across boundaries, maintains cordial working relationships and internal /external communications, and contributes to wider collaborative efforts.
- Office Administration: Able to take responsibility for all aspects of planning, organization, coordination, and improvement of the IF office in Panama in support of the implementation of the Organization’s work program.
How to apply
Please submit your application by 12 April 2021 (5:00pm Panama) to [email protected]:
- CV (2 page maximum)
- Cover letter (one page maximum) including: (a) your motivation; (b) salary proposal); and (c) two professional references (name, position, organization, email, and phone)