The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kabul, Afghanistan.
Welthungerhilfe Afghanistan works in the four thematic areas: emergency/relief, humanitarian assistance, rehabilitation and resilience. Programming towards Improved Nutrition is Welthungerhilfe’s strategic approach to achieving Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security by improving the nutritional status of boys and girls, women and men from vulnerable households. As Expert Nutrition, you will support the Head of Programmes and the Project Advisors with your contribution to the development of the multiannual Country Programme and to its implementation and monitoring to achieve maximum impact based on Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards.
- Support the programme/project team in the day-to-day management of project-related activities in the fields of Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security, Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Livelihoods
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to all project components and support the regional and project managers in the coordination of the implementation of planned activities
- Provide advice to the programme team and facilitate knowledge building regarding nutrition related topics
- Contribute to the designing and delivery of training models, learning processes, resources, materials and workshops
- Provide technical input and give constructive feedback to partners throughout the project cycle and ensure their plans and activities take on all commitments in the proposal
- Coordinate with local and international partner NGOs in all project matters
- Occasionally represent the LANN project (Linking Agriculture and Natural Resource Management towards Nutrition Security) in partnership forums and meetings
- Support other projects in your area of expertise on request
- A university or polytechnic degree in nutrition and dietetics, agriculture, agricultural economics, natural resource management, international development, social sciences or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience working in the areas of Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security, Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Livelihoods in a conflict-ridden country
- Proven experience in capacity building, inter agency/department coordination and policy advocacy
- Regional experience working in Afghanistan and operating in complex international environments with multi-cultural and multi-ethnic settings is highly preferred
- AA, BMZ, USAID and/or GIZ donor experience would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 Suite (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good team player and experience in mentoring staff
- Excellent communication, facilitation and coordination skills
- Willingness to travel in the regions (~30% of the time) will be required
- Excellent spoken and written English; German language skills will be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 26, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kürsten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.