Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of Position
External Relations Coordinator will be supporting the smooth and timely implementation of the Bahar Program activities. S/he will heavily be involved in advocacy and lobbying activities to ensure obtaining field work permissions for programs by establishing and maintaining transparent, trust based and strong relationships with relevant general directorates and ministries stakeholders such as general directorates, ministries, relevant state agencies and provincial directorates in Turkey.
· Establish contacts for Bahar with all key Ministries of the Government of Turkey, relevant to Bahar’s work. This includes ministries and local authorities for issues relating to registration, work permits and other regulations for NGOs operating in Turkey. As well as contact with Ministries for establishment of permissions, MoUs and other documentation to facilitate Bahar’s work. This may include the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Labour and others. In all cases, the External Relations Coordinator will be expected to establish relationships at the national and local level, as well as ensure close follow-up of Bahar requests to ensure all requests are processed in a timely fashion and with successful outcomes.
· Ensure that Bahar’s work permit applications are given priority and use high level channels to ensure challenges are addressed so that requests are answered positively and on time.
· Build and maintain a positive brand image of the organization.
· Conducting monthly an official visit with to the Turkish institutions.
· Transparency in decision-making, implementation and actions,
· Availability, quality and compliance with requirements in the provision and delivery of services,
· To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
· Keep supervisors informed of any changes in the administrative procedures for obtaining key documents and permissions.
· Provide regular updates analysing Turkey’s emerging political, socio-economic, and administrative developments.
· Ensure Bahar program implementation plans and priorities are disseminated and understood by relevant authorities
· Support Bahar Programs in the implementation of the projects by liaising and coordinating with area and Ministry level authorities, and other appropriate local authorities on all matters relating to the staff members and assets, as well as the activities of Bahar
· Meet with the representatives of the different administrative services as often as necessary to obtain necessary permissions and MoUs for the implementation of the projects.
· Develop and maintain relations with the related Ministries and Governorates (MoFLSS, MONE, etc.) to liaison and lobby for the permissions / documents required for the Bahar Program’s activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
· Graduate qualification in business, international relations, government relations, negotiation or diplomacy or a related discipline with a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant management experience
· Understanding of humanitarian principles of neutrality and impartiality and do no harm, and civ-mil engagement.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of managers and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
· Proven capacity to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting and build effective relationships with local staff.
· A creative person with the ability to conceive and introduce changes.
· A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
· Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
· Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
· Excellent English and Turkish communication skills (oral and written)
· Proven organizational skills and time management
· Cultural sensitivity and adaptability
· Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
· Excellent networking skills.
· High degree of negotiation and persuasion skills.
· Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships.
· Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
· Demonstrates openness and transparency.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form in the following link:
Turkish nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted