Under the overall supervision of the Head of Satellite Office and direct supervision of Field Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the support off IOM’s programmes in Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, and neighbouring provinces in line with IOM policies, standards and commitment.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Specific tasks and deliverables:
- Support the engineering and program teams in organizing and facilitating Consultation Forums with partners, community and IDPs for the development of culturally sensitive social infrastructure designs and field workplans.
- Assist on the social preparation, assessments, and monitoring works relevant to the construction or rehabilitation of social infrastructures.
- Work with Field Engineers in ensuring necessary documentations including the preparation of contract billings/payment of completed infrastructure and payment of Cash for Work (CfW).
- Support the engineering and program teams in facilitating the communities on the identification of field construction team in consultation with CWGs.
- Assist the engineering and program team in developing criteria and selection tool for community construction workers who will be engaged on Cash for Work (CfW).
- Assist the engineering team in working closely with procurement/logistics personnel pertinent to timely delivery of construction materials, including providing quality control advice on the construction materials needed for the project.
- Provide inputs and information on the critical gaps seen in the implementation of project activities and provide recommendations for appropriate solutions to engineering and program teams.
- Maintain coordination and attend relevant community meetings organized for CWGs and other sectoral groups related to the project implementations
- Prepare project progress and accomplishments reports including photo documentation (before and after)to the Project Management Team (PMT)/Field Engineer Team, indicating recommended project support actions as required/necessary.
- Assist on the identification and documentation of best practices and community initiatives as result of the support to social infrastructures.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Preferably having university degree or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience, preferably in engineering or similar roles; or
· Completed High School degree with two years of relevant professional experience.
· Experience on post-conflict settings and rehabilitation programs including construction of community facilities;
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints – accurate and detail oriented;
· Experience in liaising with governmental authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
· Computer literacy with MS Office applications.
· Fluency in English and Filipino, both oral and written. Conversant in the local dialects, especially Maranao is an advantage;
· Knowledge of BARMM context, post conflict settings, and on Mindanao protection issues is an advantage.
· Knowledge on community engagement and social preparation.
· Community coordination, mobilization, and assessments.
· Feedbacking, monitoring, and documentation.**
Fluency in English and Filipino is required. Conversant with Meranaw language is an advantage.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators *level 1**
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy announcement is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed prior on-boarding if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
Note: This is an hourly and on-call contract. Payment of hourly fees will be based on the completed working hours that is approved through an Hourly Time Record (HTR) by the supervisor. Payment processing is performed monthly.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history…
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via [email protected] not later than 14 April 2021. Position title and Reference Number (CFAHC 005 2021 – Field Assistant (Social Infrastructure Rehabilitation)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.