FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) through Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) project in the Philippines is urgently looking for a Field Implementation Coordinator (FIC) preferably based in Puerto Princesa City.
The Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a project funded by the United Stated Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by FHI 360 in the Philippines. The Project will work in close coordination with the Department of Health, WHO and other implementing partners both at the national and regional level and local government units to facilitate functional specimen referral and transport systems to ensure COVID-19 specimens are properly referred and shipped to the designated COVID-19 laboratories in country or in the region as needed. IDDS will also facilitate seamless flow of logistics and delivery of laboratory supplies that are essential for rapid detection and response to COVID-19 virus and will aim to utilize efforts from current activities where applicable and build upon existing mechanism wherever feasible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the IDDS Laboratory Specialist, the Field Implementation Coordinator is tasked/expected to provide the following deliverables below:
· Coordinate closely with the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU), Provincial/ City Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (PESU/ CESU) and sub-national laboratory to facilitate functional referral and transport systems for COVID-19 specimens;
· Assist in conduct of trainings on COVID-19 Specimen Collection, Handling, Packaging, and Transport
· Pick-up triple-packaged COVID-19 specimen from different designated specimen hubs and send to concerned RESU/ PESU/ CESU /sub-national laboratories for testing:
· Pick-up laboratory supplies from designated drop off zones and send these supplies to RESU/ PESU/ CESU and sub-national laboratories;
· Prepare and submit periodically required activity reports to IDDS Central Coordinator;
· Submit pertinent documents as required by IDDS admin-finance unit;
· Perform other ad hoc duties necessary in IDDS field implementation.
· Bachelor’s degree in biological or laboratory sciences, allied health courses or equivalent;
· Previous work related to field implementation of relevant activities or other non-government projects;
· Experienced in working with the Department of Health (DOH) and its regional offices or Local Government Units (LGU);
· With strong knowledge and experience on infection control measures and biosafety and other health-related safety measures;
· Perform other field implementation-related activities that involves proper communication and coordination with different implementing partners;
· Facilitate properly and accordingly different communication and coordination activities with concerned DOH and attached agencies;
· Timely delivery of performance targets and with good attention to details regarding the jobs at hand;
· Good interpersonal communication skills.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and updated CV/resume in single pdf file to [email protected] on or before April 2, 2021. Please indicate the name of position being applied for in the subject line following this heading format: FHI360-IDDS -Position Applied For-Last Name of Applicant (Example: FHI360-IDDS-FIC for Palawan- Cruz**). Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.