Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.Overview of the position:
- CTG is looking to hire an entry level Finance Assistant for our operations in Mozambique.Role objective:
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with the processing of the general accounting activities.
- Perform all functions in accordance with the established financial, procurement & accounting regulations.
- Perform verification of invoices as per established organization processes & approvals including all implementing partner’s payments.
- Ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Assist in processing requests for payments.
- Ensure all supporting documentation & signatures according to established approval standards are obtained before finalizing & forwarding to relevant stakeholders.
- Check, verify & ensure that all Letters of Invitations (LOIs) & travel expense claims are correctly completed before payment processing.
- Handle & manage petty cash for the field offices.
- Set up & maintain a filling system for the finance unit for both hard copy & soft copy of payments.
- Prepare reports as needed & required.
- Perform other related duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned by the Finance Lead.Project reporting:
- This role works under the direct supervision of the Finance Lead.Team management:
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.Geographical experience:
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).Key competencies:
- University Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or an equivalent combination of training & experience.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Preferable 2 years of relevant professional experience in a busy administrative & finance office / environment.
- Fluent in both English & Portuguese (reading, speaking & writing).
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Access.
- Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Works effectively well with client & stakeholders.
- Promotes continuous learning for self & others.
- Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Identify ways & implement actions to improve performance of self & others.
- Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment, incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet resource needs.
Other relevant information:
- Mozambican nationals will be given 1st priority.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: