At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
The Finance Assistant is part of the finance team responsible for assisting the Senior Finance Officer (SFO) in maintaining day-to-day operational accounting in Indonesia office including supporting documents review for accuracy and completeness, vouchers preparation, processing payment, managing bank and petty cash, ensure the compliance to Pact’s policies and procedures, etc. The Finance Assistant reports directly to the Senior Finance Officer.
- Ensure the compliance with Pact’s policies / procedures and donors’ rules and regulations.
- Review vendor invoices and supporting documents to ensure that the expenses were properly incurred, the calculation is mathematically correct, the amount and items claimed are in agreement with the document authorizing the claim
- Prepare all type of vouchers (payment, receipt and journal voucher) for Pact day-to-day operational and ensure the properly supporting documents are attached
- With guidance from the Senior Finance Officer (SFO), ensure that all expenditures are allocated to correct cost center codes.
- Ensure for a timely processing of payments to Pact staff, vendors and sub-awardees.
- Enter all financial transactions into Serenic NAV, at lease on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all financial documents are properly filed and allocated in the appropriate location
- Regularly scan all financial supporting documents and properly file it in Box
- Regularly follow up with all outstanding advances and make sure that those advances are liquidated on time. Notify the SFO on aging un-reconciled receivable/payable balance.
- Conduct inventory count with Administration staff twice a year and ensure that the items listed in the inventory list are containing in office and matched with the financial records.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the SFO
· BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
· Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in the field of accounting and finance
· Experience supporting USAID funded programs is preferred
· Fluency in English and strong communication skills
· Absolute integrity, highest standard of ethics and trustworthiness
· Working knowledge of GAAP and US Federal or other donor policies, rules & regulations
· Ability to analyze and problem solving, highly detail-oriented
· Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy in assigned tasks
· Experience using Microsoft Dynamic Navigator or other accounting software is a plus
· Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels of staff effectively
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click here https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1590/job to apply for this position.