Position Title: Finance Officer/Coordinator
Reference Number: 210308
Applications Closing Date: 22 April 2021
Preferable Starting Date: 5 April 2021
Located in: Limassol, Cyprus or Remote
Contract type: fixed term
Duration: 6 Months, extendable
Reporting to: COAR Finance Director; COAR Project Managers
Supervision of staff: N/A
About COAR: COAR is an independent social enterprise that directly supports practitioners, policy-makers, and donors by facilitating humanitarian and development interventions in complex, fragile, and high-risk environments.
Objective: The Finance Officer/Coordinator will act as an assistant and support officer to the Project Manager and will be responsible for the projects financial resources, budget monitoring, financial reporting and analysis of the projects’ results. She/he will also be in charge of any financial activities required by partners and donors. In addition, the Finance Officer/Coordinator will ensure compliance with rules and regulations and that the projects are audit ready at all times.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
● Monitor expenditure and ensure that it remains within authorized levels
● Prepare and submits monthly BVA (Budget versus Actual) reports to Project Managers
● Review BVA reports investigating and identify budget variances before submitting to the Project Managers
● Determines and administers available budgetary resources and provides Project Managers with budgetary and resource allocations advice
● Analyze individual consultant daily time, deliverable time and financial allocations
● Prepares Project finance reports for business proposals in conjunction with Project Manager
● Ensure compliance with grant and donors’ requirements on financial aspects of the agreements and provide guidance to the finance department as to the proper treatment of financial transactions
● Ensure project documentation is complete, accurate, updated and readily available
● Support partners and consultants in financial management matters
● Coordinate and facilitate the audit of grants as per the contractual requirements and donors’ terms and conditions.
● Liaise with consultants and partners/donors’ coordinators to assess financial needs
● Advance university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting management or related field
● Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role. NGOs experience is a must.
● Experience in compliance and regulations of major humanitarian and development donor agencies (European Commission, UN Specialized Agencies, USAID) is preferable
Skills and Competencies:
● Proficiency in MS Office program suites. Knowledge of program management and accounting software (SAP Business One is an advantage).
● High level of advisory skills
● Strong analytical skills.
● Ability to work with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
● Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the name of the position and Reference Number in the subject line of the email.
Due to high volume of received applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.