The British Red Cross is now seeking to recruit a Cash Assistance specialist to join our Global Surge Team and provide immediate technical capacity to field operations.
Primary roles and responsibilities will include:
- Lead on, or provide support to, the relevant part of the RCRC Movement with the implementation of timely Cash Assistance feasibility and market assessments
- Develop clear, costed, time-bound and resourced plans of action based on assessment findings and manage the implementation of such activities for the duration of the deployment
- Increase awareness, advocate for, and strengthen the capacity of partner RCRC National Societies to be able to deliver Cash Assistance on its own
- Represent BRC (and the RCRC Movement in general) at community or local official levels, and at inter-agency, governmental coordination mechanisms and other technical coordination forums
- Contribute to broader organisational learning through the facilitation, delivery, and development of trainings
This is a home based role which will require overseas travel for up to 3 months at a time. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there may be a requirement to undertake ‘remote deployments’.**
About the person
You will be prepared to deploy at short notice into countries experiencing natural disasters and other crisis events. Strong technical skills, an ability to operate with limited resources and a willingness to work in a complex multi-cultural environment with a variety of stakeholders are essential.
You will have experience in providing technical support to and/or in implementing Cash Assistance in an international response, recovery, and development context.
You will have proven technical and project management experience: assessing, designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and financial management of Cash Assistance projects throughout the Disaster Management Cycle.
Note: You must have the automatic right to work in the UK to be eligible for this position. Evidence of your right to work in the UK will be gathered during the recruitment process.
About the team
The Global Surge Team is part of the Emergencies Team in the International Directorate of the British Red Cross, made up on highly trained professionals ready to be deployed anywhere in the world at short notice. The Global Surge team provides surge capacity to the whole of the RCRC Movement. This surge capacity is utilised throughout the whole Disaster Management Cycle (Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Preparedness, Emergency Response and Emergency Recovery). We support when and where there is a need to provide immediate capacity both to the Movement field operations and to BRC’s programmes at short notice and on deployments of up to three months.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 (UK time) on Sunday, 11th April 2021.**
Interviews will take place week commencing 26th April 2021.
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at quoting the job title.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- Accommodation while on deployment
- Subsistence allowances while overseas
- Travel to and from the country of posting, plus long service flights
- Comprehensive insurance, including medical, personal effects and life insurance
- Pre and post assignment medicals and access to excellent health and wellbeing benefits
- Access to a pension, which you can join at any time during your contract
- Generous leave entitlement (36 days incl. public holidays)
How to apply