Secours Islamique France (SIF) was created in 1991, and has developed international programs in order to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable populations in France and around the world. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and implementation of development programs. SIF strictly follows the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence, and impartiality while implementing programs. SIF respects cultural diversity and provides humanitarian assistance to all people in need, regardless of origin, political or religious affiliation, gender or belief.
SIF is a regognized partner of Nigerian Humanitarian Fund and the Early Recovery / Livelihoods and WASH sector, areas in which we are implementing activities.
Previously, SIF worked on supporting the economic activities of heads of household women and child protection.
In 2021, the mission is going to focus on the developpement of wash activities (access to water, hygiene prevention, boreholes, etc.) and livelihood (training, cash for work) to support internal displaced people and communities.
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a Grants and Fundraising Managerbased in Nigeria, Maiduguri with frequent travels to Abuja and within the country.
MISSION / FUNCTION
The Grants Manager is responsible for the coordination of proposals for SIF’s programs in Nigeria as well as supporting the Head of Mission with donor relations and fundraising.
He/she will support the national team to conduct assessment reports and, in cooperation with the Head of Mission, he/she will develop project strategies based on needs.
He/she will be responsible for drafting project proposals in coordination with the Head of Mission and the Emergency Desk in HQ.
- Lead proposal development processes; coordinate, collect, draft, and/or edit contributions and compile inputs from the team
- Support the preparation of assessment reports in coordination with the MEAL Assistant;
- Develop coherent and high-quality logical frameworks for the projects, including the design of the monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Support and guide the national Programme Manager with the coordination with local authorities and communities for new assessments and design of new projects;
- Support the Head of Mission with the identification and creation of partnerships (consortia).
Fundraising and donor liaison:
- Provide support to the Head of Mission;
- Undertake donor mapping and provide briefings to in-country donor representatives;
- Liaise with donor representatives and coordinate donor visits to programme sites;
- Develop communication material for advertising SIF intervention towards donors and other external stakeholders.
- Organise and lead grants meetings;
- Ensure quality and timely submission of donor and internal narrative and financial reports;
- Lead application process and ensure budget;
- Liaise with external key donors relating to specific grant programmatic issues;
- Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with donor and SIF rules, regulations, and guidelines and raise issues;
- Ensure quality information management related to grants;
- Provide technical support, guidance, and tools to implementing partners at proposal development process.
Capacity and Development:
- Participate in the lesson learned processes;
- Provide technical guidance and deliver trainings.
- A Master degree in International Development, Political Science, Humanitarian Response.
- At least 3 years of experience in proposal, project, or programme development, reporting, or grants management in an INGO;
- Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures including but not limited to UN agencies, European donors and US EU funding mechanisms;
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding;
- Ability to handle stress and tense security conditions.
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- French fixed term contract : 6 months
- Remuneration according to our salary grid
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
- R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
- Leaves every 3 months
- Temporary work procedures and a reinforced sanitary protocol are applied at Secours Islamique France within the effective conditions
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.