At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Reporting to the Grants Manager in Jakarta or his/her delegate, the Senior Grants Officer will be responsible for supporting an efficient and effective grants management process for the EPIC grants program. A successful applicant will work with the EPIC Indonesia team to contribute to regulatory compliance, assessment and mitigation of business risks, and enforcement of Pact’s policies and procedures. Senior Grants Officer is supported by Grants Officers who provide support on subgrants administration and procurement activities.
- Under the direction of the Grants Manager, support administration of the full cycle of sub-award management activities beginning from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Under the direction of the Grants Manager, coordinate review and negotiation of awards, including scope of work, budget, payment provisions, reporting requirements and special terms and conditions.
- Assist to resolve contractual issues/problems/disputes arising from sub-grants and sub-awards.
- Conduct subaward monitoring activities. Work closely with LINKAGES staff to make recommendations for field visits and following up on findings.
- Working with the Accountant to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub-award expenses.
- Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are maintained and the documentations are complete and that regular reports are provided to Grants Manager.
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Under the direction of Grants manager, support procurement processes, in close coordination with Finance department. Ensuring the procurement is according to Pact’s and USAID’s regulation.
- Contribute to the global Grants Management Community of Practice to share best practices and lessons learned on Pact’s intranet “Mosaic.”
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· BA and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
· Experience in USAID-funded projects
· Familiar with USAID rules and regulation
· Experience in managing subawards
· Experience in using grants management system
· Strong skill with Microsoft applications (Excel, Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc)
· Strong skills in coordination of multiple activities.
· Highly motivated with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong cross-cultural skills.
· Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
· Indonesia resident
· Experience managing the award and administration of federal grants and contracts in other organizations performing similar work to Pact.
· Understanding of local business culture.
· Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews, determination of responsibility, and other forms for quantitative analyses.
· Familiar with online communication tools and any other apps to support working remotely
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click here https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1595/job to apply for this position.