In close coordination with the Head of Program, Country Director, MEAL Manager and technical programme team, the Grants Management Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the development of high-quality project proposals and concept notes, ensuring strict compliance with donor and internal rules and regulations, leading donor reporting, and information management related to project and donor documentation. In addition, the Grants Management Coordinator will work with the Head of Program and Country Director to provide regular support and guidance to project cycle management, through organizing and facilitating project kick-off meetings as well as mid-term reviews and project closure meetings. As part of donor compliance, the Grants Management Coordinator will be responsible for DRC Sudan’s external communications and visibility activities, including the drafting of blogs and human interest pieces, social media management, and managing DRC Sudan’s photo library. As the position is expected to develop an exceptional knowledge of Sudan’s donor portfolio, the position will contribute to the development and updating of program and fundraising strategies.
Grant Management & Reporting
- Oversee and refine grants and contract management systems and processes.
- Update, streamline, and disseminate grants management tools and resources.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of donor and government policies, and support implementing teams to ensure full compliance throughout the project cycle.
- Draft, review and provide support in the negotiation of project agreements, including sub-agreements, teaming agreements and memoranda of understanding.
- Organize and facilitate project kick-off meetings, mid-term reviews, and project closure meetings.
- Coordinate donor reporting processes by developing guidance and formats, and coordinating, compiling, editing and providing feedback to ensure high-quality narratives and timely submissions.
- Maintain and update DRC’s online grants management system.
- Support the Head of Program, Country Program Coordinator, MEAL Manager, Finance Manager and technical programme staff to plan and coordinate the development of high-quality project proposals and concept notes, including narratives, budgets, budget narratives, work plans, staffing lists, and other required annexes.
- Conduct regular donor mapping exercises and support the Head of Program and Country Director in identifying new funding opportunities in line with the country program’s strategy.
- Monitor the ongoing situation in Sudan so that DRC is able to respond quickly in the event that an emergency fund is activated.
- Draft new proposals and coordinate technical staff to ensure quality inputs and timely submission of all proposals
- Coordinate programme staff during the proposal and report writing process, to ensure the inclusion of accurate and up-to-date information in final proposals and reports.
- Develop and manage a Grants Portfolio Dashboard to monitor project implementation status, including programmatic and financial updates.
- Prepare necessary documentation, such as reports, presentations and organizational documentation, to share with DRC’s donors and stakeholders, including briefings for DRC staff and external entities requesting information on DRC’s programs.
- Liaise with relevant government agencies, including HAC and regional line ministries, in the submission and follow up of Technical Agreements and Annual Reports.
- Represent DRC at donor meetings and serve as the primary focal point for local donors and partners on all grants related issues.
- Draft monthly reports to keep DRC donors informed of any incidents, challenges, operational changes and general activity progress.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience with an international NGO.
- Master’s degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field
- Demonstrated experience writing high-quality proposals and concept notes for large donors, including ECHO, EU, UNHCR, DFID, DANIDA, WFP, and UNOCHA.
- Extensive knowledge of donor rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in teams.
- Experience coordinating a large team, pulling information from multiple sources and translating that information into a concise, coherent document
- Critical thinker with experience in strategic design and theory of change development
- Full professional proficiency in English, with exceptional writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is preferred
How to apply