The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world. No matter what we do and where we operate, we are committed to the seven Red Cross principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
At the GRC Headquarter in Berlin you will help shape the future orientation of the DRK e.V. as a national Red Cross Society and umbrella organisation of independent welfare work. Every day, you contribute to ensuring that people in Germany and around the world receive help – according to the degree of need.
We are looking for a
Head Anticipation Hub (m/f/d).
The employment is full-time. The employment offer is initially limited to 31.12.2022, with the prospect of long-term employment.
In the division “International Cooperation” and the department “Knowledge and Innovation” you and your colleagues in Berlin, in the regional offices of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and in the project regions worldwide will play a decisive role in the strategic development of the Anticipation Hub. You will work with a multi-disciplinary and innovative team in close partnership with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and contribute to ensuring that the scaling up of anticipatory action is anchored in concrete learning and evidence.
The job holder is responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Anticipation Hub. The position is part of the Global Project financed by the Federal Foreign Office to strengthen and further develop the international humanitarian system. The Head of the Anticipation Hub will coordinate closely with the German Red Cross Anticipation Unit and the Head of the Department Knowledge and Innovation.
This means in detail:
- Responsibility for the strategic development of the Anticipation Hub in close coordination with the Head of Department Knowledge and Innovation
- Preparation of representative meetings of the Anticipation Hub for the Head of Department Knowledge and Innovation
- Support of the Federal Foreign Office in strategic questions on Anticipation, preparation of meetings and anchoring of anticipation in international processes
- Exchange, coordination and planning of Anticipation Hub activities with key players of the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement as well as external partners
- Planning, preparation and execution of meetings within the framework of the Anticipation Hub governance structure, such as Steering Committee, Advisory Group and Partner Meetings
- Responsible for the high-quality and innovative communication of the Anticipation Hub both internally and externally (e.g. social media, news, events, webinars, short animations, graphics, press releases and strategic documents etc.)
- Process control and coordination for the continuous updating of the online platform
- Support and further development of the partnership models of the Anticipation Hub
- Coordination with the Early Action Focus Task Force (Inter-Agency working group on Anticipatory Action) in coordination with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Geneva
- Preparation and support of the implementation of workshops, webinars, etc. on various topics in the field of anticipation
- Support budget control and budget management in close coordination with the Lead of the Anticipation Unit at GRC
- Support the planning and implementation of dialogue platforms, expert meetings, etc.
- Participation in reporting on forecast-based financing and anticipation
- University/Technical College Degree
- At least 5 years of working experience and in-depth knowledge of humanitarian aid and development cooperation
- Very good communication skills (both in writing and orally) and experience in strategic communication with humanitarian or development cooperation actors
- Knowledge in the management of governance structures, networks and partners
- Knowledge of the coordination mechanisms of international humanitarian aid
- Knowledge of the work and experience within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an advantage
- Experience in the innovative preparation and design of (virtual) workshops and meetings including the application of participatory and interactive methods
- Experience in knowledge management
- Very good ability to think and work in complex contexts
- Very good skills in writing, reworking and structuring of texts
- Very high awareness of quality
- Strong teamwork and consultative working skills
- Very good skills in humanitarian diplomacy
- Proficiency in English
- Good computer skills (MS-Office) and good knowledge of the common graphics programs of Adobe Creative Suit (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Willingness to travel abroad, tropical suitability
- A challenging and responsible assignment in a rewarding environment
- A space for your professional and personal development within an experienced and dedicated team
- Fair working conditions according to union agreement:
- Remuneration according to remuneration group 12
- 29 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health benefit scheme
- A pleasant working environment with a green courtyard and a canteen
As an employer, the principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are a special obligation for us. We welcome applications from people regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Please send your application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae and relevant certificates) by 22th April 2021, quoting the reference number 2021-033, to
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
You can find up-to-date information on the work of the German Red Cross and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement on our website. https://www.drk.de/das-drk/auftrag-ziele-aufgaben-und-selbstverstaendnis-des-drk/die-grundsaetze-des-roten-kreuzes-und-roten-halbmondes/