As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the Sudan, the Head of HR shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). The HR director has ultimate responsibility for all people-based activity within the organization from both an operational and strategic perspective in Matrix structured organization. S/he is involved in many areas, such as resource planning and recruitment, training, managing a variety of employee relation issues and being the first point of contact for all employee related issues. The Head of HR in his/her capacity will be accountable for the provision of effective HR services in both emergencies and development programming contexts. As member of the SMT, the position holder is also expected to play a significant role in ensuring gender equity among staff is maintained across the organization.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Master’s degree in Management, Human Resources Management, Business administration, Social sciences, or other related field from renowned and accredited University
- 12 years relevant progressive experience out of which 5 years in senior leadership position in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time
- Extensive knowledge in designing and implementing HR strategy for the organization, as well as policies and procedures
- Extensive experience in managing a function in large and complex organization
- Solid experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development;
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- In-depth knowledge of employee relations and develop and maintain knowledge of current employment legislation;
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of HR within the programme and ensuring the most effective support to line management; Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Team building skills
- Very good knowledge of working in Matrix structured organization
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office
- A commitment to the values and principles of SC
- Experience of exposure to developing countries
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children
- Able to make decisions using creativity and some independent judgement within realm of current scope of work; Decisions typically made in order to resolve and adapt current solutions or introduce new procedures and practices
Contract duration: 1 year (with possible extension)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2thbWF1LjEyMTA5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…