Head of MEAL provides strategic oversight and operational leadership in areas of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Leaning (MEAL). S/he ensure that high quality MEAL system is established, functional and are integrated into all aspects of Save the Children’s (SC’s) programming in Yemen. S/he facilitates capacity strengthening of MEAL staff. The incumbent facilitates the process of integrated program design with the start of developing logical framework. The post holder will ensure all organizational reporting on time. S/he promotes a culture of learning and accountability.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Social Science, Statistics, Business Administration, Public Health or in relevant field
* 7 years of experience in areas of program development & quality
* Extensive experience in MEAL related role in INGO environment, preferably in a fragile context
* Excellent understanding of different components of MEAL and skills in leading MEAL systems
* Sound conceptual understanding in advancing gender equality in programming and at workplace
* Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
* Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
* Demonstrated skills in oversight of research, assessment and evaluations
* Hands on experience in strategic planning processes
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work independently with very limited oversight and support
* Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
* Excellent documentation and report writing skills
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tactic and diplomacy
* Excellent communication skills: in written and spoken English
* Adaptability and flexibility: be adaptive, flexible and accommodative in difficult and insecure operating environment
* Adherence to aims and principles of SC: good understanding of SC mandate and commitment to child participation.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS5hbGF0LjM5Mzk1LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…
Head of MEAL At Save the Children