The Head of Supply Chain and Administration has overall responsibility and accountability for the Supply Chain function of the South Sudan Country Programme, providing strategic leadership to the team and advising the SMT on all aspects of supply chain. He/she leads and manages the country office Supply Chain team and has technical oversight of supply chain teams at field level (currently 7 field offices), as well as Country Office Supply Chain staff based in South Sudan.
He / She will ensure that policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, with reference to the Core Humanitarian Standards, Save the Children minimum standards, and the NGO code of conduct.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree or Masters in Supply Chain or related field
- Qualifications in Supply Chain or procurement
- At least 8 years’ experience with Humanitarian or other development/aid agencies in supply chain management including significant field operations experience supporting both emergency and development programs
- Robust experience of INGO emergency programme cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure.
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of Supply Chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Experience working in conflict and high-risk security environments with complex supply chain
- Previous experience of managing and developing a large team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Oral and written communication skills in Arabic
- Experience in managing medical supply chain preferred
- Previously completed Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtvZ2kuNDAyNzEuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc…