Political instability and successive waves of armed conflict across Libya have resulted in one of the most complex and neglected humanitarian emergencies in the world today. The United Nations Humanitarian Response Plan for 2021 estimates there are 1.8 million people, including more than 635,000 children, need humanitarian assistance in Libya. Those in need of assistance are comprised of internally displaced persons (IDPs), returnees, conflict-affected communities, refugees and migrants. Migrants, asylum seekers and refugees represent 50% of the most vulnerable. The number of individuals requiring humanitarian assistance is expected to increase as the capacity of affected families to cope with shocks continues to diminish due to ongoing conflict, COVID-19 pandemic, and the deteriorating economic situation in the country. An estimated 250,000 Libyans have fled their homes. Furthermore, there are more than 600,000 foreign nationals, including 46,823 asylum seekers and refugees, in Libya who are extremely vulnerable and lack access to basic services and protection, many of whom are residing in urban areas across the country. In response to the needs of vulnerable communities, NRC operates across Libya in urban and camp settings and provides emergency education, shelter/NFI, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and multi-purpose cash support to populations in need including IDPs, returnees, host and non-Libyan communities.
Role and responsibilities
Reporting to the Country Director, the Head of Support (HoS) will lead the Support Unit and have the overall responsibility for ensuring that NRC’s HR, finance, logistics, administration, Risk and Compliance systems provide relevant and adequate support to the NRC Libya Response. The HoS will also be responsible for designing, planning and leading the implementation of key strategic initiatives to improve systems and structures. The HoS will also play a key leadership role in planning processes, including the annual budget process, workforce planning and talent management.
The following is a brief description of the role’s scope and responsibilities:
- Line management for support managers such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT)
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality and timely support to project implementation.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for development of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff.
- Resource Management
- Review the current NRC Libya staffing support structure and propose an adequate fit-for-purpose strategy, including the development of a Risk and Compliance Unit.
- Provide leadership of the Support Unit and oversee the timely recruitment of support staff as well as national staff capacity development initiatives.
- Plan and develop into Support plans for emergency response and quick scale ups in existing and new areas of operations.
- In coordination with the Country Director Actively lead on change management processes in across the NRC Libya mission.
- Ensure Financial coverage of all support costs in the Country Operations.
- Provide leadership, management and supervision of Human Resources functions which include recruitment, staffing, training, learning & development, staff care, performance monitoring and employee counselling.
13. Support and Systems Management
- Line manage and provide day to day support to the Finance Manager, Logistics manager, HR Coordinator and Risk & Compliance staff.
- Ensure strategic development of all NRC Libya Support functions; responsible for strategic development projects and pro-actively planning and feeding into country wide strategies and plans, working closely with senior management and programmes to ensure Support functions proactively meets the needs of the programme.
- Work closely with the Country Director, Head of Programme, and Field Office Coordinators to ensure effective and constructive communication between related functions.
- Ensure Targets and Indicators are met in the Annual Plan of Action for all support-related targets.
- Lead on the annual budgeting process and ensure all periodic deliverables are submitted and deadlines are met.
- Lead on the development, monitoring and implementation of the Master Support Budget.
14. Risk and Compliance
- In coordination with the Country Director and the Health, Safety and Access Manager, ensure NRC Libya meets all risk and compliance requirements in all support functions.
- Ensure mandatory compliance checks are performed on a monthly basis and recommendations for support Unit are followed up.
- Ensure all global and regional support policies and guidelines are translated into Country-specific Standard Operating Procedures
What we offer
Candidates with NRC background will be encouraged to apply, but we are also open for external candidates who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference in Libya. Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy closing.
12 months renewable contract
A Competitive salary and benefits according to International staff terms and conditions including contribution to a pension fund
Grade: 11 in NRC’s grade structure
Duty station: Benghazi, Libya
An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start
How to apply
To apply please visit nrc.no/careers or access the vacancy announcement using this link. https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/284