Brief of SDI
Social Development International SDI is a non-profit NGO established in 2015 and duly registered in Turkey, which provides humanitarian assistance to affected people in Syria.
SDI services are covering northern Syria areas through its programs which are SNFIs, health, nutrition, education, WASH, protection, FSL and CCCM.
Since the beginning of SDI interventions until the end of 2019, the number of beneficiaries exceeded two million people, with a total spend of more than fourteen million dollars.
Purpose of the position:
The health and Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for all projects activities according to the submitted work plan and the preparation of interim and final reports and ensure an effective project’s closure on time and is responsible to guide and monitor the overall project implementation and make sure it is in line with program plan.
Line Manager: Programs Manager.
Location: Turkey, Gaziantep
Communication and Coordination structure of the position:
The health and Nutrition Coordinator is responsible to communicate and Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders within the Organization and within the Sector, mentioned but limited to:
- Support departments including HR, Logistic and Procurement, Media, Partnership and MEAL.
- Donors and Partners.
- Management of Syria office.
- Heads of Health Facilities of SDI.
- Contribute to the development of SDI health and nutrition strategy in Syria.
- Provide technical support and supervision to the Health and Nutrition team for program design, proposal development, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation ensuring high quality of program implementation.
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to all SDI health and nutrition projects, including financial requirements.
- Ensure consistency of the health and nutrition program with the national and international standardized protocols, policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with local government and health authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and donors at national and field site level.
- Ensure accurate data collection and reporting are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the health and nutrition program.
- Work with health and nutrition teams and logistic department to procure and pre-position drugs in a timely manner to ensure adequate supply at the intervention sites.
- Ensure the supervision of the pharmacy (consumptions, orders, and inventory) in collaboration with the logistics department.
- Follow up medical and nutrition issues and sharing of information to the HQ in Istanbul.
- Participate in the monitoring on a regular basis of the different components of the program and to set up corrective measures in case of need.
- Review all reports prepared by the staff and ensure that reports are written and submitted to donors in a timely manner.
- Monitor the security situation in the areas of intervention.
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings and in all relevant technical working groups
- Following the proper implementation of the project’s objectives and work plan
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports as needed
- Follow up, support, monitor and coach the employees while implementing the projects
- Represent SDI in meetings related to the health and nutrition sectors with partners, donors and coordination working groups, cluster meetings, technical working groups …etc.
- Plan and implement health and nutrition projects according to SDI and donors’ guidelines and standards.
- Ensuring the quality and safety of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative regulations and established deadlines.
- Preparing proposals for projects in the relevant sectors.
- Preparing internal and external reports for NGOs and donors, including spending plans and status reports.
- Preparing project budgets in cooperation with the financial department and the line manager, and as needed.
- Conducting questionnaires, surveys and analyzing information (such as a need assessment).
- Coordination with all departments that are related to projects.
- Follow up on the implementation of projects and activities, provide technical and administrative guidance, and find appropriate solutions to the challenges.
- Developing a risk management plan to reduce project risks.
- Ensure proper Archiving of projects Documentation including reports, budget and other related documents.
- Representing the institution and partners, coordinating with them as needed, and attending all meetings related to the sector.
- Developing quality plans for projects to provide health services and nutritional care, with the aim of reducing gaps and ensuring quality of services.
Competencies of the position:
Education and Trainings:
- University degree (Human Medicine، Pharmacy or paramedical profile, knowledge in public health).
- Knowledge of public health aspects of Primary Health Care, SRH, IYCF, and CMAM.
- Certificate in Project Management PMP or PMD.
- Gender training will be an advantage
- At least 3 years experience in similar positions working in the humanitarian sector.
- At least one year experience in team management.
- Working experiences in public health and in managing health welfare in communities.
- Experience in supervising Health Promotion activities and some basic mental health activities.
- Previous experience in Turkey and Syria is an asset.
- Proven experience in management of UN, Donor and other NGOs funds.
- Proven experience in management of staff teams.
- Proficient knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Communication skills
- Flexibility and Patience
- Analytical skills
- Motivation, Creativity and initiative
- Stress management
- Conflict Resolution and problem solving
- Time Management and meeting deadlines
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual exportation and Abuse – PSEA
Actions of SEA violate the universally recognized international legal norms and standards, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution. SDI prohibits sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff and its collaborators towards the served population and to protect vulnerable populations within the communities served by SDI from any acts of sexual exploitation and abuse which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards the served communities.
SDI Commitment on Protection of Sexual Harassments and discrimination – PSHH
Actions of SHH violate the ethical norms and the damages the team spirit, thus, SDI considers such actions as serious misconduct, which will constitute grounds for major measures, including summary dismissal and criminal prosecution if relevant. SDI prohibits SHH and proved cases of such will be meet with Zero tolerance by SDI management.
To the end of meeting with the fundamental values of SDI, this policy is designed to address the behavior of SDI staff and its collaborators towards one another and to protect staff within the environment of SDI from any acts of sexual harassment and harassment which is considered as an element of the accountability that SDI holds towards its staff
How to apply
- Last date of Applying is 15th of April 2021
- The announced position is urgent and it could be filled before the closing date
- Late submissions can not be considered
- Communications with applicants will be limited to the shortlisted candidates who are screened for interviews or written tests
- SDI HR team will communicate with candidates by email only.