Under the supervision of the livelihoods Head of Project, the Hotline & Data Officer will support the different departments and projects at Action Against Hunger in Tyre base with the creation of all the Cash United ID accounts for targeted beneficiaries, ensuring data accuracy, checking and verifying all the information about the beneficiary and ensuring the avoidance of any duplication. With regard to the hotline, he/she will be responsible for answering the hotline during operating hours, documenting and registering the collected information, ensure referrals are done as and where necessary / applicable, and do the necessary follow ups actions accordingly. In addition to the hotline tasks, he/she will support with any data entry, reporting and contributing to the overall implementation of any assessments to be conducted, as per the request of his/her direct line manager.
Objective 1: Creation of Cash United ID numbers for all current projects at base level, ensuring that all data is accurate and precise. (40%)**
- Crosscheck all the beneficiary data and ensure that it is extensive and correct, before creating any Cash United IDs.
- Ensure that the names do not exist in the system already, to avoid any duplication of CU IDs.
- Enter all the data of the person in the system, ensuring that all the cells are filled correctly, paying particular attention to detail.
- Ensure that the information in the CU ID corresponds with the person’s information.
- A copy of the person’s ID, in PNG format is required, ensuring what is uploaded is clear, eligible and contains both sides of the ID.
- Ensure that the correct nationality is selected and that the correct information requested per nationality is provided.
- Choose the appropriate type of document based on the type of documents to be uploaded. (In the case of it being a copy of an ID it is important to add this information with the ID).
- Ensure that the correct phone number is added, and double check this information.
- Report any problems to Cash United via the WhatsApp group and try to solve any technical problems with the person in charge at Cash United.
- A Cash United number will be generated after adding all the information.
- Ensure that the number created refers to the appropriate person and copy / paste the number into the Excel file.
Objective 2 – Responsible of all the project’s Hotline and referrals (30%)
- Follow the best practice protocols regarding the ACF Hotline.
- Respond to hotline calls and ensure systematic and precise recording of all the information pertaining to the call.
- Ensure good, professional and courteous service to all callers.
- Refer the information to the department/organization responsible.
- Follow up on actions taken regarding the call received.
- Ensure that the Hotline is open for calls between pre-determined operational hours.
- Translate any data from Arabic into English when required.
- Ensure good coordination and communication with other project staff, specifically with the FSL department.
- Provide weekly reports on call volumes and data.
Objective 3: Record all the data received, keep it confidential and support other Humanitarian activities (30%)
- Conducting any necessary confidential data collection through Hotlines.
- Ensure that all data captured is always kept physically secure.
- Make the necessary arrangements before the calls (set time, check availability, collect the data needed, re-call the unreachable, etc.)
- Support any activity that supports reaching Action Against Hunger humanitarian goals, as per the line manager’s request: support in emergency intervention activities, conducting vulnerability assessments for targeted groups, data entry, reporting to the line manager, etc)
Objective 4: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and performs the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan.
- Respect the safety measurements specified in the mission during the emergency situation like COVID-19.
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
Bachelor’s degree in Social science, in information management, humanitarian action, or any related field
Technical specific knowledge:
- Food security and livelihoods, agriculture, waste management and Cash-for-work.
- Good Knowledge in data collection, analysis, and management principles.
- The initiative, organize, availability/learning capacity
- 1-year experience working in humanitarian action or development. Experience in livelihood programs is a plus.
- Experience in Labor Intensive Activities/Cash-for-Work is desirable.
- Emergency response within the economic crisis and/or pandemic situation.
- Previous field experience in data gathering, and information triangulation/verification.
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
Native Arabic and English compulsory
IT and specific systems:
Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and power point
How to apply
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration: