You will help coordinate and support the execution of the Country Program (CP) HR strategy and operational plans in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsive, high quality service to address HR programs, services and operations needs in the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration.
· Provide support to the HR Manager in his/her responsibilities regarding the overall management of HR programs and services in the CP;
· Be actively involved in recruitment, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
· Help coordinate and support HR processes, activities, and service delivery, to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices;
· Assess service needs and provide quality process services and advice to support managers in their daily staff management responsibilities;
· Collect and organize input on HR processes and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools;
· Support professional development needs assessment and help ensure the provision of precise development programs for CRS staff and partners;
· Maintain record keeping through personnel files and/or HRIS that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations;
· Provide support on analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development;
· Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required.
· Minimum of three years work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
· Fluency in English & Greek
· Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
· Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship;
· Strong customer service ethic and abilities;
· Very good planning, coordinating, and organizing skills;
· Able to maintain confidential information;
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All internal staff, and Program Managers
External: Payroll provider**
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
****Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.*
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English with email to GRE_HumanResources@crs.org, mentioning in the subject line the title of the position ‘’HR Officer’’. The deadline is April 4th.