Application deadline: 26 May 2022
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Contract type: LICA – 6
- * Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!!
- * THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE SOMALI CITIZENS OR APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS A VALID RESIDENCE AND WORK PERMIT IN SOMALIA ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION*
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the ICT Associate (Business Intelligence) will work under the direct guidance of the Chief Business Intelligence Unit (BIU) in the Performance Management Section of UNSOS Supply Chain Pillar. The ICT Associate (Business Intelligence) will administratively report UNOPS Business Analytics Specialist Lead and will perform the following tasks:
● Contribute to business and scope analysis, gathering of requirements and documentation, preliminary system analysis, data cleansing and enrichment, migration, and change management initiatives
● Build procedures to extract, transform and load data (ETL) from different enterprise systems required to refresh Business Intelligence products as per the agreed schedule.
● Support data analysis such as:
- Assist with the development and testing of Business Intelligence reports in different areas.
- Review UNSOS Business intelligence datasets for quality, completion and accuracy.
- Monitor and review dashboards to identify and resolve issues in timely and accurate manner.
- Review existing internal data collection and monitoring processes and help the unit in the development of process improvement to enhance overall data quality.
- Support the unit in the establishment and improvement of standards and strategies for data management, lifecycle, and quality.
● Participate in the organization, preparation and delivery of both certified and focused functional business intelligence training workshops to ATMIS, FGS and FSS.
● Other tasks and responsibilities relevant to the scope of work as assigned.
Impact of Results
The ICT Associate (Business Intelligence) will support the analytics and data strategy aspects of UNSOS performance management initiatives.
The effective and successful achievement of key results by the ICT Associate (Business Intelligence) directly affect the overall efficiency of the office’s provision of services impacting the quality and accuracy of work completed. Timely and accountable delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in strategic services.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
● Meetings with supervisor and feedback as necessary.
● High school diploma or equivalent is required
● A University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) or technical diploma in Applied Mathematics, Electronics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems /Technology, Engineering or related field is an asset and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
● A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of ICT, Electronics, Information Systems, or other related fields is required.
● A minimum 2 years of experience building data reports or performing data analysis.
● Working experience with SAP or any other Enterprise Resource Planning tool.
● Working with data visualization and reporting tools (for example, Microsoft Power BI or Tableau)
● Experience is supply chain or related areas.
● English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
● For the position advertised, fluency in English (speak, write, read) is required.
How to apply
The interested candidates need to submit their application on or before 26 May 2022 through our job portal following link below. Please find more information on how to apply on our UNOPS Jobs portal, here. Find here more details about Staff contract modality.
- ICT Associate (Business Intelligence)